Train and Plane Dioramas!

Started by Leon, 13 August 2010, 07:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

13 August 2010, 07:55:33 PM Last Edit: 08 August 2017, 05:05:52 PM by Leon
These have been done by Carlos Briz.  The trains and planes aren't ours, but nearly everything else is.  I've listed the buildings by code above the pictures.

(PS42 - Wooded village hall)

(PS17 - Sandbagged bunker)

(Br117 - Pup tents)

(ZC11 - Bell tents)

(PS36 - French farm house
PS37 - French stable block)

(PS40 - Thatched barn)

(PS4 - Derelict house, type 2)

(PS3 - Derelict house, type 1)

(PS41 - Tiled hut)

(PS39 - Thatched hut)

(PS38 - Timber/brick house)

(PS2 - Damaged house)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

lentulus

Are those your buildings?  If so, which codes in which pictures?

Leon

I've put the codes above the pictures for the building.  I think some of the sandbag barricades, and the pup tents are ours as well, but I'll need to check with Dave, cos he casts those bits.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Those are nice dioramas...a little bizarre on the plane/train combo maybe [?] - not something that would naturally spring to my mind, but nicely done!  8)

Aart Brouwer

Good stuff!

I particularly like the 'wet look' on this one, it creates a gritty, sombre aspect; very well done.

Oh, and Leon, aren't there two PS38's in this one?

Cheers,
Aart

Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Leon

lentulus

Aart Brouwer

Funny how these things work, Leon.

I never considered buying a 'tiled hut' from your collection.

Now that I've seen it painted, I want it.

You sly little bugga you!  ;D

Cheers,
Aart

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Leon

The pup tents are ours as well, code BR117.

;D

jchaos79

I love the one with the plane crashed :)

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: Leon on 14 August 2010, 09:23:44 PM
The pup tents are ours as well, code BR117.

;D

Yeah yeah.  ;)

I've ordered the tiled hut yesterday, lemme see how that turns out first. 8)

Cheers,
Aart

Sean Clark

That boy likes his planes and trains! Lovely stuff. I love looking at dioramas, must get round to doing one myself sometime.
God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

Leon

26 September 2010, 08:38:22 PM #12 Last Edit: 26 September 2010, 08:41:08 PM by Leon
Some more diorama's sent to us by Carlos Briz, this time using our Colonial ranges, including some of the trains in the Boer range.  I've listed some of the items for interest.

(SC9 - River boat)

(BW31 - Block house and BW37 - Carriage with canopy)

(ZC11 - Bell tents)

(PS15 - Arab tents)

(BW36 - Armoured carriage with 12pdr in turret)

(BW32 - Block house with stone outer wall and BW27 - Armoured train and tender)

(BW34 - Flatbed car with 6" gun)

Nosher

Thats one talented cookie indeed... :o
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Maenoferren

Very nice - He likes his trains... now all we need is a one with dinosaurs on it and I will be happy (me obsessed - never!) :-[ :-[ :-[
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!