[POLL] Which army are you planning to start with?

Started by Chieftain, 14 February 2015, 02:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There are twelve armies in the Warband rules, which should give you a good selection to choose from.  Simple question - which army are you planning to start first?

Barbarian men
3 (7.1%)
Dark elves
5 (11.9%)
Dragon men
9 (21.4%)
Eldritch vampires
0 (0%)
Goblins
16 (38.1%)
High elves
8 (19%)
Hill dwarves
15 (35.7%)
Lizard men
3 (7.1%)
Samurai apes
4 (9.5%)
Taurians
3 (7.1%)
Undead
11 (26.2%)
Wood elves
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Chieftain

Let us all know the reasons for your choice below.   ;)
Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Erm... Are multiple votes allowed as I've painted 9 of these already last year? :-X
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Luddite

14 February 2015, 02:47:26 PM #2 Last Edit: 14 February 2015, 02:49:14 PM by Luddite
 ;D =O

Lemmy wins!!

I'll be expanding my existing Goblins and Hill dwarves, but i've also got the bare lead ready to go for a Dark elf army.

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Fenton

Well I am just starting my human Empireesque Warmaster Army, so it will be  what fits in with this
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Chieftain

Quote from: Fenton on 14 February 2015, 02:48:17 PM
Well I am just starting my human Empireesque Warmaster Army, so it will be  what fits in with this

You'll want to check out the Dragon Men I suspect.

They're somewhere between a traditional High Medieval/High fantasy army, and GW's Empire and Bretonnia armies.  With prismatic dragons thrown in.

getagrip

Dark elves; I want to use it for Warmaster and Warband with sabot bases :)
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Maenoferren

Went for dwarves, goblins and wood elves. But to be honest who knows which I might purchase if and when I get round to it.
I like the idea of the Lizardmen though.
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Fenton

Quote from: Chieftain on 14 February 2015, 02:53:21 PM
You'll want to check out the Dragon Men I suspect.

They're somewhere between a traditional High Medieval/High fantasy army, and GW's Empire and Bretonnia armies.  With prismatic dragons thrown in.

Dragon Men it is then
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Fenton

Chieftain

Quote from: Fenton on 14 February 2015, 03:41:34 PM
What are Taurians by the way?

Centaurs and Minotaurs, with some monstrous allies.  They're based on Greek myth.

Fenton

Thanks

I had sort of worked it out once I had hit the post button . I should have thought about the astrological signs earlier

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Think my next fantasy project is Elf Renagades! ;)

After painting comp stuff?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

jambo1

Goblins, just because they are nasty little so and sos! :d

getagrip

Quote from: jambo1 on 14 February 2015, 07:20:35 PM
Goblins, just because they are nasty little so and sos! :d

They are.  The problem I have with this is rebasing :(

I have a lot of these armies already and if I can figure out a way to make it work without rebasing or sabots I will ;)
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Chieftain

Quote from: getagrip

I have a lot of these armies already and if I can figure out a way to make it work without rebasing or sabots I will ;)

How are they currently based?