6mm Bases for the Upcoming "5Core Brigade Command" Rules

Started by bigjackmac, 13 February 2015, 03:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

I've been pretty scarce lately, lots of stuff going on at work and with the family.  But I wanted to drop a quick post to show what my 5Core Brigade Command stands are going to look like.

And here they are, the first two completed bases.  Each base is a company, so a tank company of T-72s and a mechanized company of BMP-2s and infantry.  These are for my 'green' WarPac side.  I have an equal sized-force in khaki, then NATO green and khaki to do.

Another view.

And one more.

I took most of my old WarPac vehicles and put them on bases.  With the new stuff, I've got about 45 stands (3 vehicles each) of 'green' tanks and about 40 stands (3 vehicles each) of 'green' APCs, plus arty, air defense, engineers, recon, etc...  Then I've got a matching force in khaki.  Then I've got NATO stuff. 

I think, due to my lack of planning, I may have gone a bit too far...  I am really not sure what I'm going to do with all this stuff, as I've got way more than I need for Brigade Commander.

If you're interested you can check the blog for some more info on what I've been up to:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/02/my-latest.html

I've got a long weekend coming up and resolved to finish up my Poland campaign, so stay tuned.

V/R,
Jack

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

To quote one of my playing companions
Quotea brigade :o I don't get out of bed for less than a division
;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Subedai

Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

toxicpixie

Nice :)

I keep thinking I want to do something similar in 3mm, lots of vehicles on a base, possibly even 1:1 scale...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Ithoriel

Quote from: toxicpixie on 13 February 2015, 01:07:15 PM
Nice :)

I keep thinking I want to do something similar in 3mm, lots of vehicles on a base, possibly even 1:1 scale...

Both of these things!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

bigjackmac

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Anyone wanna volunteer some of their time to help base all these?  ;)

On a side note, I'm busy trying to finish up all these projects because I think I've been bitten by the Napoleonics bug and want to buy a couple Pendraken army packs.  Hopefully it will pass?

V/R,
Jack

toxicpixie

If you're not sure perhaps you need an inoculation - 150 or so French and Austrian figures should do it ;) That's the prescribed dose for a mild case...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

bigjackmac

TP,

I think you've got my prognosis correct ;)  Though I'm really holding out for French and Brits (though the Austrians are quite beautiful as well).  We'll see.  I promised the wife I'd finish all my current stuff before I bought new stuff.  I don't think she actually expects me to live up to that, but I need to get at least one thing done before buying more  :D

This may sound a bit crazy, but I've always fancied a bit of a Napoleonic 'Imagi Nation': basically it's the US Civil War, except with Napoleonic uniforms/weapons/tactics.  You know, the "10th Pennsylvania Allegheny Guards," or the "6th Tennesee Cuirassiers," or the "5th Virginia Hussars."  It seems kind of silly, but my mind keeps wandering back to it.

V/R,
Jack