WSS 9 Austrian Cuirassiers

Started by Ken, 08 February 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

Can anyone point me to some refrence for these figures?

I got 5 of them that I'd like to paint up while I wait for some romans to come in the mail. However I have no clue about what colors to use and the images that I'm finding online are all over the place.

Thanks
Ken

Leman

From Funcken. First figure is Austrian Cuirassier 1700, second is 1722

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ken

Thank you sir, that's exactly what I needed.

Hertsblue

You might also paint them as Bavarian Cuirassiers. Only difference is that the Bavarians wore iron-grey coats.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Ken

Thanks for the options Hertsblue.

After prepping them last night I don't know if I'll be painting them at all. The casting is very rough with a lot of miscast issues.

Steve J

Let Leon and Dave know Ken. I had a load of AWI cavalry with missing bits of leg for both horses and riders. Top marks to the chaps for replacing them, that's customer service.

Ken

09 February 2015, 09:15:57 PM #6 Last Edit: 09 February 2015, 09:20:31 PM by Ken
Quote from: Steve J on 09 February 2015, 07:48:48 PM
Let Leon and Dave know Ken. I had a load of AWI cavalry with missing bits of leg for both horses and riders. Top marks to the chaps for replacing them, that's customer service.

I got them for free from a third party. It's not a big deal and I should have plenty of romans to paint in a few days.  :D

I think they're pretty old too, the code on the tag is wss9, which doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.

Leon

Quote from: Ken on 09 February 2015, 09:15:57 PM
I got them for free from a third party. It's not a big deal and I should have plenty of romans to paint in a few days.  :D

I think they're pretty old too, the code on the tag is wss9, which doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.

Wow, those are old, I think they might be pre-2000 figures!  Those were replaced by the current MAL codes a long time ago.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!