Competition discussion thread 2015

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 07 February 2015, 07:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

08 February 2015, 01:34:51 PM #15 Last Edit: 08 February 2015, 02:43:40 PM by fsn
I have the very thing ... wait a minute ...

White Russian. I don't want to give away too many secrets, but this is a WWI Russian figure (RP1, I think) that I have converted in to a White Russian by adding five coats of Halford's matt white primer.  

I thank you all for this award, which I thoroughly deserve. In doing so, I want to thank all the little people who have helped me become what I am today. There's Techno, without whom I would seem normal, and Westmarcher who is gutted because he didn't think of it first. Then there are the doctors, so many doctors. I'd especially like to thank Doctor Thinkenskrewed, and to him, I say "just do as they tell you, the first six months are the worst".    
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

strangefellow

Amazing work on the Huey. Id never in a million years have thought you could convert something like that in 10mm.....i was wondering how you got the door off.....cardboard....cheater  :P

getagrip

Quote from: fsn on 08 February 2015, 01:34:51 PM
I have the very thing ... wait a minute ...

White Russian. I don't want to give away too many secrets, but this is a WWI Russian figure (RP1, I think) that I have converted in to a White Russian by adding five coats of Halford's matt white primer.  

I thank you all for this award, which I thoroughly deserve. In doing so, I want to thank all the little people who have helped me become what I am today. There's Techno, without whom I would seem normal, and Westmarcher who is gutted because he didn't think of it first. Then there are the doctors, so many doctors. I'd especially like to thank Doctor Thinkenskrewed, and to him, I say "just do as they tell you, the first six months are the worst".    

;D  Brilliant
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Ironduke

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

getagrip

Matt J

joking aside, your basing is pretty good FSN  :)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Leman

Anyone seen that tatty Confederate flag? It's brill!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 08 February 2015, 01:34:51 PM

X_X X_X X_X

You all realize that having painted it white, he's going to use photoshop to colour it in !!
Cheers - Mr Normal  :P

getagrip

Quote from: Techno on 08 February 2015, 07:07:57 PM

You all realize that having painted it white, he's going to use photoshop to colour it in !!

Nope: crayon...that's not too sharp...with his tongue out :D

fsn

I was just trying to work out how to add the carrot nose.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Errmmm.......
Have some of the pics in the entries threads disappeared ?
Cheers - Confused of Wales.

Aksu

After embedding there seems to be an issue with the pics disappearing. My confederates were visible for a while, now they are gone. Cheers,
Aksu

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 09 February 2015, 07:58:18 AM
Have some of the pics in the entries threads disappeared ?

Quote from: Aksu on 09 February 2015, 09:44:00 AM
After embedding there seems to be an issue with the pics disappearing. My confederates were visible for a while, now they are gone. Cheers,
Aksu

There does appear to have been a bit of a glitch in the forum code there.  They were visible last night when I went to bed, but they've disappeared now for some reason?  Can you send me your images by email Aksu and I'll get them added in again.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Ironduke's piccies seem to have gone too. (I think)
Cheers - Phil

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 09 February 2015, 05:23:30 PM
Ironduke's piccies seem to have gone too. (I think)
Cheers - Phil

Yeah, I've contacted him and asked him to send me the files so that I can upload them to our Photobucket and link them from there.  I'll have to ask Matt what's happened there as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!