Competition discussion thread 2015

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 07 February 2015, 07:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertsblue

Nah, there've been rogue planets that have failed to do that.  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Upgraydd

Hertsblue...I have to say that Peter the Great army looks, well, really great. WSS/GNW is my favourite period and your army really makes me realise why.

Hertsblue

Cheers, Upgraydd. They progress slowly but surely. Their opponents are here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,11227.0.html

www.rulesdepot.net

Aksu

Hullo,
Belated thanks to Leon for fixing the raggedy-flag Confederates pics of mine, I had to do nowt and all was alreet.
A question about the rules - is an ACW ambulance a "single base" or a "vehicle" entry?
Cheers,
Aksu

Leon

Quote from: Aksu on 12 February 2015, 02:52:28 PM
Belated thanks to Leon for fixing the raggedy-flag Confederates pics of mine, I had to do nowt and all was alreet.
A question about the rules - is an ACW ambulance a "single base" or a "vehicle" entry?

Probably a vehicle I'd think?  You could make it into more of a mini-diorama and then it could go into the 'Open - Single Base' category.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Agree about the Petrine (?) army; if that doesn't take the gold, the standards must be very high indeed.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Luddite

Samurai apes..oh my!

and then...

Michonne!!!  Awesome.   :D
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Ironduke

Quote from: Luddite on 16 February 2015, 12:53:37 AM
Samurai apes..oh my!

and then...

Michonne!!!  Awesome.   :D

I'm thinking if I enter everything ive done over last 3 months I may win something, wieght of numbers!!!!
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

If you enter giants it could be by weight of figures...

www.rulesdepot.net

Fenton

16 February 2015, 06:14:14 PM #54 Last Edit: 16 February 2015, 06:38:39 PM by Fenton
A new experience today a I enter my first ever painting competition
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

getagrip

Quote from: Fenton on 16 February 2015, 06:14:14 PM
A new experience O'Day a I enter y first ever painting competition

Congratulations  :) And good luck!
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

I am thinking I maybe should  have spent longer than five minutes painting the tank
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

paulr

Quote from: Fenton on 16 February 2015, 06:57:37 PM
I am thinking I maybe should  have spent longer than five minutes painting the tank

Perhaps :-\

You are also allowed 2 pictures ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

Quote from: paulr on 16 February 2015, 07:02:42 PM
Perhaps :-\

You are also allowed 2 pictures ;)

That's going to mean me having to mix up a new batch of silver nitrate