Swing Low (2015)

Started by Last Hussar, 06 February 2015, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

Rocky start, but the second half not sure the Taffs knew what the ball looked like!
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Nosher

Proof if it were needed that the real mans sport lasts 80 minutes.

The Welsh thought theyd won it without touching a ball.

Cant wait to play them.in RWC2015
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

Great game and England well deserved winners, as much as it pains me to say this. And they were their second string team which doesn't bode well for Wales in the World Cup.

Fenton

Wasn't a great game to be honest. Wales just didn't show up in the second half Wish the English supporters could pick a different song to sing. Swing low sounds so crap. Well to me anyway
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Last Hussar

Quote from: Nosher on 06 February 2015, 10:18:50 PM
Proof if it were needed that the real mans sport lasts 80 minutes.

Unfortunately Spurs also have this philosophy.

GNU PTerry

Ithoriel

OK, so for those of us who don't follow sport with much interest, are these men with spherical balls or elliptical ones?

Too much to hope that, whichever it is, is on SKY and therefore not clogging up a channel I might otherwise watch?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

barbarian

Frankly, I wasn't impressed.

Let's see my teams : Italia and France. ;)
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Nosher

Quote from: Fenton on 06 February 2015, 10:26:58 PM
Wales just didn't show up in the second half

Exactly my point. It ain't over till the fat lady stops singing.... and there were quite a few fat welsh ladies not singing in the second half (less those ladies with beards... :D

As for it not being a decent game, whats not to like about pack domination and seeing the half backs get involved in a good old fashioned arm wrestle? OK so it may be old school rugby, but it proves that you don't have to be a team full of twinkle toes to win a close game of rugby. Hard work never hurt anyone.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Techno

I dread to think what the All Blacks, Wobberlies, and Springboks will do to either of the teams playing last night.  X_X
Cheers - Phil

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

getagrip

In the grand scheme of things it didn't mean a lot to England; they've have been shattered by injuries.

The significance to Wales however...theirs was a settled and experienced squad.
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Last Hussar

Quote from: Ithoriel on 06 February 2015, 10:35:09 PM
OK, so for those of us who don't follow sport with much interest...

You do know this is the sport board don't you? 

GNU PTerry

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Ithoriel

Quote from: Last Hussar on 07 February 2015, 05:02:28 PM
You do know this is the sport board don't you? 

Are those of us with only an idle interest in the subject not allowed in here? ;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data