Diving into 10mm head first: project log

Started by BeardedHammer, 04 February 2015, 08:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Looking good there!
Once based those will be really awesome! 8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

BeardedHammer

Thanks for the complements guys!

They have been washed with GW gryphone sepia, but I was not very happy with the way it covered so I will be doing something different. I'll look into the magic wash today, and I'll be restocking my basing materials as well.

And as far as rules go, I had actually managed to forget about my fantasy rules :( so I've been reworking those a bit for some added clarity.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

BeardedHammer

OK, so here is an interesting update. I got my stuff for basing and some inks to try for a wash, but updates may be a bit delayed. My wife had a doctor's appointment and found out that our little boy could arrive at any time, which is 3 weeks ahead of schedule. So depending on how things go I'll have a new little dudesman very soon! :)

toxicpixie

Is that a mini-bearded hammer? Excellent news :)

Good luck doing anything for some time that doesn't involve the wee one :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

BeardedHammer

I think I'll be addressing him as the beardless hammer, lol! And I was planning on getting this army painted before DDay, but looks like that's not happening.

BeardedHammer

Sorry for the delay. Yesterday was spent getting the last stuff ready for the little guy, but today I have the day off so hope to be more productive.  I'd like to finish painting most of my pikes, and I may head to my LGS to get a test game of my rules.

On a side note, do you guys have an idea of what models I could use to make a 15th century Romanian army lead by Vlad Dacula?