Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Started by Leon, 12 August 2010, 08:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

12 August 2010, 08:22:23 PM Last Edit: 13 August 2010, 11:47:32 PM by Leon
Anybody been watching this on Bravo?  It started out a little bit excessive, but it's turned into quite a good series, and it's the big finale next week.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Maenoferren

Watched about 5 minutes of one of them, was not impressed and havent watched it since
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Leon

Quote from: Maenoferren on 13 August 2010, 12:17:16 AM
Watched about 5 minutes of one of them, was not impressed and havent watched it since

It didn't start well.  I was gonna give up after the first couple of episodes, mainly because they were focussing on blood/swearing/nudity more than the actual story.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for nudity, but the plot was suffering severely.  Since then, they got on track and it's been quite entertaining.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sean Clark

Agreed. I ain't no prudence but gratuitous didn't come into it. However later episodes have improved. I will definitely tune in for the finale.
God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

Cyril

Guys. Spartacus B&S contains everything a red blooded male grown before the 90s needs : violence and sex (often at the same time).
Don't look for a fine scenario or unexpected twists, there are not. Think of it as: 300 + Gladiator + Sam Raimi.
Watching Spartacus makes you want to eat a raw T-bone with a ton of fries. Watching Spartacus makes you want to drink a whole bottle of bad whiskey and crush your neighbor's door with a sledgehammer.

"Caaapua ! Shall I begin !!"

Sandinista

nikharwood

It does...how've I managed to miss this so far then??!

Cyril

Quote from: nikharwood on 13 August 2010, 11:35:38 AMIt does...how've I managed to miss this so far then??!
You see nikharwood, you'd looove to watch Krod Mandoon taking place in the context of Spartacus B&S  :P

Sean Clark

That reminds me I must apologise to my neighbour. Never did like that stinkin dog anyhow. :P
God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

Leon

I think it's right up your street Nik...   :P

(click to enlarge)

Maenoferren

I JUst love the subliminal messages....
for some reason I feel the urge to go out and buy a roman helmet...wierd or what! ;D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

nikharwood

Quote from: Leon on 13 August 2010, 06:57:30 PM
I think it's right up your street Nik...   :P

(click to enlarge)

I knew I was living in the right street y'know... :P ;D

And sponsored by you - I definitely like her  8)

Leon

nikharwood

Tell you what - do you want me to paint her for you?  :P

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 13 August 2010, 11:44:33 PM
Tell you what - do you want me to paint her for you?  :P

You know, I think I'll give it a go myself...   8)