Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
24 January 2021, 05:59:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The revamped Feudal Japanese have been released!
314979 Posts in 18227 Topics by 2283 Members
Latest Member: dariusr
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Rules!
| |-+  Warband (Moderator: Chieftain)
| | |-+  Warband army packs - Hill dwarves and Goblins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warband army packs - Hill dwarves and Goblins  (Read 8642 times)
cbr3d.com
Lieutenant

« Reply #15 on: 17 February 2015, 08:51:55 PM »

In the rulebook the Goblins and Orcs are grouped together as one army and since you have just revamped the Goblin figures will you be revamping the Orcs as well?

Also will the Orcs still be available seperately as an Army Pack?

Also will all the other non-Warband listed Pendraken Fantasy ranges still be available?

(By the way love the Goblins and Hill Dwarves.)
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #16 on: 17 February 2015, 09:02:53 PM »

In the rulebook the Goblins and Orcs are grouped together as one army and since you have just revamped the Goblin figures will you be revamping the Orcs as well?

Also will the Orcs still be available seperately as an Army Pack?

Also will all the other non-Warband listed Pendraken Fantasy ranges still be available?

The old Orcs will still be available for the time being, but they won't get a revamp for the new rules.  The other armies in the lists will be revamped versions of the current ranges.

As we get the ranges revamped, we'll start removing some of the older ranges from circulation.  Things like the old Hill Dwarves and Goblins will go quite quickly, as the new ranges contain the same figures, but with a lot more variety and detail.  Some of the ranges not included in the new rules, like the Gnomes or the Hobgoblins, will be taken out of the catalogue completely, whereas ones like the Amazons, Halflings, Ratmen or Orcs will probably get brand new sculpts done instead.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 4200 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
O Dinas Powys
Brigadier

Blowing up a storm!

« Reply #17 on: 17 February 2015, 09:34:38 PM »

The old Orcs will still be available for the time being, but they won't get a revamp for the new rules.  The other armies in the lists will be revamped versions of the current ranges.

As we get the ranges revamped, we'll start removing some of the older ranges from circulation.  Things like the old Hill Dwarves and Goblins will go quite quickly, as the new ranges contain the same figures, but with a lot more variety and detail.  Some of the ranges not included in the new rules, like the Gnomes or the Hobgoblins, will be taken out of the catalogue completely, whereas ones like the Amazons, Halflings, Ratmen or Orcs will probably get brand new sculpts done instead.

Noooo! Not the Gnomes  Shocked

The Gnomes are cool  Cheesy

(I know, even though it's fantasy  Shocked  Wink  )
O Dinas Powys
Brigadier

Blowing up a storm!

« Reply #18 on: 17 February 2015, 09:38:57 PM »

They'd be even cooler with some missile weapon sculpts  Wink Day dreaming

(I know, even though it's fantasy  Shocked  Wink  )
Luddite
Brigadier

« Reply #19 on: 17 February 2015, 10:48:13 PM »

Quote from: Leon
Amazons, Halflings, Ratmen or Orcs will probably get brand new sculpts done instead.

Ooh..nice.  I'm glad the ratmen will make the cut.  They're a lovely little range which i've had my eye on for a while.  And if the halflings get some love too that's great.   Thumbs up

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN
Leman
Field Marshal

« Reply #20 on: 17 February 2015, 10:56:55 PM »

Hope the league of Ratsburg are staying.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!
Fenton
Lieutenant General

« Reply #21 on: 17 February 2015, 10:59:49 PM »

I admit that I would love to see is some

not steam tanks and some other bits and pieces that look a bit like stuff that was done for Warmaster

and some  Dwarf Great Cannons and undead Mammoths and Goblin War Giants like Grenadier produced many years ago

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!
getagrip
Major General

What a plonker!

« Reply #22 on: 17 February 2015, 11:01:54 PM »

I admit that I would love to see is some

not steam tanks and some other bits and pieces that look a bit like stuff that was done for Warmaster

and some  Dwarf Great Cannons and undead Mammoths and Goblin War Giants like Grenadier produced many years ago

Agree with that  Wink

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.
jambo1
Major

« Reply #23 on: 18 February 2015, 05:50:04 AM »

Hope the league of Ratsburg are staying.

Me too!! Thumbs up
Bodvoc
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #24 on: 19 February 2015, 10:39:51 AM »

I would love to see some new Amazon sculpts, especially clothed, slightly less buxom ones. A Scythian looking horde of Amazon horse archers would be good!

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
getagrip
Major General

What a plonker!

« Reply #25 on: 19 February 2015, 10:54:07 AM »

I would love to see some new Amazon sculpts, especially clothed, slightly less buxom ones.

Agree with that; they're just a bit too..."silly" for me.

Chieftain
Lieutenant

« Reply #26 on: 19 February 2015, 11:01:03 AM »

I would love to see some new Amazon sculpts, especially clothed, slightly less buxom ones. A Scythian looking horde of Amazon horse archers would be good!

Nice idea. 

Mix it up with some 'Bactrian' style as well to add in camels, mammoths, some 'Mongolian Worm' type monsters and they'd slot in alongside the current Barbarian warband.

Official Guru of our Warband rules!
cbr3d.com
Lieutenant

« Reply #27 on: 19 February 2015, 11:04:46 AM »

According to Herodotus when the Amazons fought the Scythians the Scythians at first thought they were fighting young men and it was only after examining the corpses after a battle that they realised the enemy (the Amazons) were actually women.  The Amazons dressed like men generally, so apart from the chests being slightly more buxom there would really not be much difference from normal 'male' warriors of the period.

getagrip
Major General

What a plonker!

« Reply #28 on: 19 February 2015, 11:09:53 AM »

According to Herodotus when the Amazons fought the Scythians the Scythians at first thought they were fighting young men and it was only after examining the corpses after a battle that they realised the enemy (the Amazons) were actually women.  The Amazons dressed like men generally, so apart from the chests being slightly more buxom there would really not be much difference from normal 'male' warriors of the period.

Also, people were MUCH thinner and, consequently women considerably less buxom.  I'm sure armour would flatten things too!

However, this is a fantasy army so...meh

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: