BKC Desert game

Started by Stuart, 12 August 2010, 07:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart

12 August 2010, 07:20:48 AM Last Edit: 12 August 2010, 07:22:49 AM by Stuart
Not 10mm I'm afraid, but 6mm. It was only our second game of BKC, but having played CWC we know the basics. We set up a simple scenario of a German attack on a British gun line, with a British armoured counter-attack. In hindsight we should have made the table bigger, but it was still fun!

The British gun line.

And the counter-attacking force.

The Germans move on in force.

The battery of 150mm guns set up, and don't do anything else for the rest of the game!

The Brits move forward.

First contact, in the top right you can see my hanomags racing towards the gun line being ignored by the British tanks!

The British hold firm, but take casualties.

I deploy my infantry far too far away from the SPGs, and they are slaughtered. Ho hum, point remembered for next time...

Both tank forces take hits, but the Brit battlegroup is broken.

I infuriatingly didn't get air superiority (and the British player didn't have any aircraft!), but I couldn't resist putting in a shot of my stukas...

So although I broke the British battlegroup I didn't get close to destroying the gunline, which was my main objective.
Points learned for next time:

• For desert games the bigger table, the better.
  • Keep infantry in their comfy armoured transport until the last minute.
  • Take better pictures! was too distracted by the game to get many decent shots

nikharwood

QuoteIn hindsight we should have made the table bigger

I think you should have made the figures bigger - by about 4mm  :P ;) ;D

Nice batrep though Stuart - always good to see Stukas too  8)

Leon

Good stuff!  Is the Stuka pic photoshopped?  There's no stands under them, and no wires!   ???
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Stuart

Quote from: nikharwood on 12 August 2010, 09:39:17 PM
I think you should have made the figures bigger - by about 4mm  :P ;) ;D

Nice batrep though Stuart - always good to see Stukas too  8)
We did originally get some 10mm stuff from a certain company... but decided to go to 6mm. I also decided to get Germans rather than Italians...

Quote from: Leon on 13 August 2010, 02:36:39 AM
Good stuff!  Is the Stuka pic photoshopped?  There's no stands under them, and no wires!   ???
No, I have very well trained flea pilots ;D

jchaos79

Sooo goood those planes are really flying indeed  :o