What ruleset did you use in your last game - 2015?

Started by jchaos79, 24 January 2015, 08:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Rare game at the club last night. Think its about six weeks before I can get there again :o

1. The Sword and the Flame - Sudan
2. British and Egyptians v Fuzzies et al
3. First time I have played the rules and they were a reall hoot!
4. 2 player game. I can imagine multi-player being loads of fun

I was playing British and had to advance down the length of the table to rescue a captured officer dispatching the hordes en-route.

Result was a draw. The natives were well and truly dispatched, quite a few of them at point of bayonet, but my progress down to the objective was painfully slow due to some poor dice rolling movement wise and some canny ambush placement by my opponent.

Great game can see me playing lots of this, but for now I will play with Nicks figures rather than investing in yet another period!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Nosher

1. Bolt Action
2. Spanish Civil War - Bando Nacionale v Workers Militia (with some EPR Support)
3. Yes. Like BA for solo play
4. Solo

Clear victory for the Bando Nacionale 7 points to 4. Playing envelopment scenario where one side has to reach the enemy deployment zone or exit the table. Two bridges were the only means of the Bando Nacionale reaching the deployment zone.

The republicans barricaded one bridge and barricaded the exit roads from the village. The Bando Nacionale's made good progress early on as the Republicans failed to bring on their off table reserves and quickly made it to the furthest away of the bridges whilst refusing the other flank. The EPR put up a stiff resistance beating off a close assault before succumbing to superior numbers and firepower. The Nacionale light mortar team destroyed the single anti-tank gun crew leaving the path clear for a marauding PzI to mop up some late arriving Republican Militia.

A late dash over the bridge saw the Nacionale's get two units into the deployment area to seal the victory.

The Facists killed the Comissar, one unit of Militia and the EPR Platoon and had two units in the Republican deployment area. The Republicans managed to destroy a squad of Bando Nacionale and a supporting HMG unit.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Last Hussar

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? Black powder

2) What armies were confronted? ACW

3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes

4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? - Nope - we were incorporating our latest lot of sodding about into the rules

5) How many players were in the game? - Sunjester, Sunjester's demonic dice, me.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

More like 8 or 9 - him and a handful of Six seeking dice vs little ol' me.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Steve J

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Honours of War

2) What armies were confronted? Prussians vs Reichsarmee

4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? - No.

5) How many players were in the game? - Two.

I really, really like these rules and can't wait for them to be published in November... =P~

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - X-Wing with BIG SHIPS
2) What armies were confronted? - Rebels : 2 Corellian Corvettes and assorted fighters vs Imperials 1 Imperial Raider and many many fighters
4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? - Third game, I stuck to imperial fighters
5) How many players were in the game? - 6 players, but it effectively broke down into two fights. I lost all my fighters, but I did take out a corvette! :D
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Luddite

Ooh! Nice one Lemmy. I love X-Wing.  Shame you didn't take pictures.

Last night for me:

1. L'Art de la Guerre
2.  Republican Rome v Pyrrhic
3.  No.  We're still working on them, and things were a little faltering.
4.  Second or third game.
5.  4 player.

They're an odd sort of 'post-DBM' ruleset, that for us last night seemed to be a 'line up and fight' sort of thing.   Combat factors were a bit fiddly.   But otherwise, fairly playable.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Flodin

1) Battle cry bordgame rules
2) well we did play the senario for Little suger Creek, but instead of using Yankees and Rebs, we played the senario with Danes and Germans 1848 style  ;)
3) Yes, we used the standard Battle cry rules without any modifications
4) First time with miniatures
5) 2 players

Some pics from the battle

Cheers

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Quote from: mad lemmey on 04 September 2015, 12:08:17 AM
1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - X-Wing with BIG SHIPS
2) What armies were confronted? - Rebels : 2 Corellian Corvettes and assorted fighters vs Imperials 1 Imperial Raider and many many fighters
4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? - Third game, I stuck to imperial fighters
5) How many players were in the game? - 6 players, but it effectively broke down into two fights. I lost all my fighters, but I did take out a corvette! :D

Such a great game,Shamewe don't play it that often (someone in the group doesn't like it)

I have the rebel transport but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I stopped buying though, as my bank account couldn't take it anymore! (actually i only buy ships that were in the original trilogy, and never multiples of ships like slave 1,vaders tie and the falcon, but i still have to get me a corvette! Shame it's so expensive!)

Steve J

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Skirmish Sangin

2) What armies were confronted? SAS vs African Militia

3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes, but still getting to grips with the nuances of the rules.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Warband
2) What armies were confronted? - Goblin vs Undead
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - By the end of the game, yes, but we made a lot of errors!
4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? - Yes! Plus the rulr book has been out on loan to two friends since early August, so we had to remember/look up a lot!
5) How many players were in the game? - two

Insane game, full report later!

Steve J

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Honours of War
2) What armies were confronted? Jacobites vs British
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes, even though we were tweaking it for the '45.

A bit of an AAR to follow.