What ruleset did you use in your last game - 2015?

Started by jchaos79, 24 January 2015, 08:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

If you listen to its detractors Bolt Action is totes fantasy ;)

To be fair, it may not be an entirely accurate rivet counting simulation, but it does give a cracking game, gives considerable command friction (as well as any other I've found, although the picking dice out the bag for which side activates does feel a bit wierd still!) and feels like your up against it all the time. Not sure about the scenarios they give - they feel more W40k than 1940ish, though, but that's easier enough to work round.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Luddite

Agreed, Bolt Action is 1940k!   :D

But, it is an absolutely cracking fun game if you let go of the idea that its in any way simulationist. 
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Bloodaxe

1) What rules set ? TZE Zombie Tropes Edition
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/144122/TROPES-Zombie-Edition-PDF?filters=0_44489_0_0_0

2) What armies were used? The Army of the Living Dead vs. unsuspecting diner patrons. ( Diner of the Dead)

3) Were you comfortable with the rules? Yes, they are pretty easy to use.

4) Was this your first time? Yes.

5) How many players? Seven.

Oh....miniature wargames!

1) Warhammer

2) Dwarves vs High Elves

3)Yes, I played many times before.

4) No, Ive played before.

5) 2 players

After seeing the ridiculous prices for GW figures, 10 plastic men for $45+ USA, I sold my Warhammer & 40K and kicked the habit.  I can play several other games for half what Id spend on GW stuff.

Im hoping to bring back my mighty Dwarves in WARBAND form.  :D
Just waiting on my order. I hope Pendraken Warbands becomes easier to get in the USA.

kipt

Mail from Pendraken HQ to Calaifornia arrives very quick. My last order was sent from PHQ on 4/22 and arrived 4/27. Pretty good for both countries' mail.

Bloodaxe

Quote from: kipt on 01 May 2015, 06:15:08 PM
Mail from Pendraken HQ to Calaifornia arrives very quick. My last order was sent from PHQ on 4/22 and arrived 4/27. Pretty good for both countries' mail.

Mine was seriously delayed because of Salute. I'll get it soon.

Coffeefiend

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Through the Md and the Blood
2) What armies were confronted? - British vs. Germans
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes
4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? - No
5) How many players were in the game? - 5 plus 2 running the game.

Bodvoc

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Impetus
2) What armies were confronted? - Normans v Anglo danes
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes as we have both played these rules a lot, only used the rulebook once..
5) How many players were in the game? - 2 players with armies of 350 points and 3 commands.

A great game last night v. friend Steve. My skirmish troops did rather well on both flanks dis-organising the Norman Knights so they could not counter charge my Houscarles as they went charging in. First time I have seen Housecarles charge up hill and beat Norman Knights!
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Let's put it like this:
Played 5, lost five this weekend.
Out of a possible 125 points, I scored...

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 May 2015, 09:16:20 PM
Let's put it like this:

Did you do better than expected?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Ithoriel

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 May 2015, 09:16:20 PM
Let's put it like this:

Does that make you the Lib-Dems of the wargaming world?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Luddite

In comes the second low blow...

The Lib Dem leadership election hots up.

Sorry.   :-[ X_X
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Steve J

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Spectre Alpha rules (Beta set in progress)
2) What armies were confronted? - SAS vs African Militia
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - No, they still need a lot of work to produce a good game :(
5) How many players were in the game? - 2 players

paulr

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - If the Lord Spares Us
2) What armies were confronted? - Australians v Ottomans
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes
5) How many players were in the game? - 4-5 players overs the two evenings

We enjoyed the alternative ANZAC Day scenario that Peter came up with so much that we played it a second time over a couple of Saturday evenings

Another jolly good game, I won't say too much about the course of this game until I finish the AAR for the first game but a good time was had by all  :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!