1830-1871 armed militia

Started by KTravlos, 22 January 2015, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KTravlos

If Pendraken does not produce them already could we have a generic 19th century armed militia for the 1848 wars pack? A mixture of figures in work smocks and headgear would work well for representing the various popular forces raised during the 1830-1871 period.

Ithoriel

Some armed Russian militia for WW2 Eastern Front would be good too. For use as both partisans and workers militia defending their factories. 
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leman

Aren't the Communard figures in the French 1870 range useful?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

I can never get the right shade of red for the leader's hair. :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leman

Try Simply Commie. Very bright and brash.

Ithoriel

As you can see Simply Commie is way too bright :P Simply commie is much more Mick Hucknall than Communards :D

KTravlos

Communards would work for some of them, but might be harder for the 1848-9 German and Italians. But i did not know about this code. I will check it out.

Leman

There's also the ACW civilians.

Bill Braham

Some Fenians/civillian militia are planned for the 1860s Canadian militia.

toxicpixie

Maybe the dismounted raiders from the ACW range? They're pretty casual... might need the hats chopping though as IIRC they're very cowboy!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

The II RC has appeared again - still can't work out what it's supposed to mean. PRSWWK.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner