Show: Overlord, Abingdon, Sunday 1 March 2015

Started by Chris Pringle, 22 January 2015, 01:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Pringle

This is a nice medium-sized show, plenty of traders and plenty of games to look at.
One of the participation games will be a Franco-Prussian one using Pendraken figures and "Bloody Big BATTLES!" rules.

10:00am-4:00pm
Sunday 1st March 2015
Fitzharry's School
Northcourt Road
Abingdon OX14 1NP

www.abingdonwargames.org.uk

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info

Leon

Thanks for the post, we'll have to keep an eye out for some pics of the game!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

capthugeca

Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chris Pringle

Well we did it. Our Franco-Prussian War participation game of St Quentin at Overlord actually involved real participants.  :)  And Dave's specially-painted Pendraken Franco-Prussian armies were admired and complimented for enabling us to lay on a battle that looked like a battle. Brief report with a couple of pics here (no close-ups, sorry):
http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/st-quentin-fpw-bbb-participation-game.html

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Looks great! 8)

Fancy bringing it to Campaign in Milton Keynes in May? ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Chris Pringle

Thanks, gents, you've very kind.

Campaign in MK? Hadn't really considered it, I thought it was really just a tournament event. Am I wrong? What's the format, and how would we go about arranging a participation game there? I know for sure I can't make it myself, but other members of the team may be interested.

Chris

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It does have tournaments but we also have more and more demo and participation, which is really important to us.
It's in the Middleton Hall, outside John Lewis, it's a free public event. The aim is to publicise the hobby to the general public.
I believe there is a nominal charge (no more than £10), or it may be free for demo and participation.
Email: neil@sutherland7.freeserve.co.uk is our noble chairman. Tell him Will Denham sent you. ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Chris Pringle

Cheers, Will. I'll talk to the boys, and then get in touch with Neil if they're keen.

Chris