Warband Rules!

Started by Leon, 21 January 2015, 12:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish

Haha, no problem. I created my account specifically to ask some questions about Warband. I saw the Pendraken stand at Vapnartak a few weeks ago and was more that a little intrigued. Now, having searched through the forums, I'm extremely excited for this game, I think it sounds awesome. Me and my partner have already decided which Warband forces we're going to go for.

Leon

Quote from: Hamish on 10 February 2015, 04:31:56 PM
Is there any plans to supplement this ruleset with expansions for stuff like historical battles? Coz that'd be cool  :)

At this stage the best answer is potentially...!  It is something we'd like to do, probably as a separate standalone set though.

Welcome to the Forum as well!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Chieftain

10 February 2015, 06:08:14 PM #152 Last Edit: 10 February 2015, 06:12:23 PM by Chieftain
Quote from: Hamish on Today at 04:31:56 PM
QuoteIs there any plans to supplement this ruleset with expansions for stuff like historical battles? Coz that'd be cool  

Hi Hamish and welcome!

Glad you're looking forwards to these rules.  I hope they exceed your expectations!    :-bd

As to future developments? I'm afraid I'll have to echo Leon, and repeat what I said above, 'we'll see'.

Warband is a new venture for Pendraken, and so things are all a bit tentative at the moment.  

That said, the author has a variety of further material that could be developed including content for a supplement.

It's also perhaps worth noting that if there were a 'Warband Historical' draft   :-B it would most likely be developed as a separate game, rather than as a supplement to the fantasy rules.  I'll hotly deny rumours that Scipio and Hannibal have been seen clattering around the play test tables lately.

I think its important not to get ahead of ourselves though.  

Hopefully Warband will keep you enthralled in the meantime!    ;)
Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Upgraydd

Quote from: Hamish on 10 February 2015, 04:38:42 PM
Haha, no problem. I created my account specifically to ask some questions about Warband. I saw the Pendraken stand at Vapnartak a few weeks ago and was more that a little intrigued. Now, having searched through the forums, I'm extremely excited for this game, I think it sounds awesome. Me and my partner have already decided which Warband forces we're going to go for.

Hi Hamish, I joined for the same reason but lloks like I'm also getting sucked into some of the other lines  :)

Techno

You'll never escape, now !! :d :d :d :d :d ;)
Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

getagrip

Quote from: Techno on 11 February 2015, 08:11:43 AM
You'll never escape, now !! :d :d :d :d :d ;)
Cheers - Phil

I only went on the PD sight for a brush!  3 years and a serious lead addiction later... :D

Fenton

Welcome Hamish.

I ended up here 5 years ago to hide from Gareth on other forums.Sadly it hasn't worked

Have fun
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

getagrip

Quote from: Fenton on 11 February 2015, 11:04:52 AM
Welcome Hamish.

I ended up here 5 years ago to hide from Gareth on other forums.Sadly it hasn't worked

Have fun

;D ;D ;D

Oik 2 :P

Leman

Welcome Hamish. This whole 10mm thing is extremely addictive.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Fenton

Hi Leon

Any word on the PDF yet at all?

Cheers
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!