Warband Rules!

Started by Leon, 21 January 2015, 12:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Nothing new under the sun I see :)

I've been working on a set of rules, tentatively called "King of Kish," for Sumerian City State warfare.

60mm square bases with lots of 6mm figures (48 for formed units, 32 for warband types, 16 for skirmishers) who have what I call "cohesion" as their "hit point" equivalent. At 0 Cohesion the unit routs but can be rallied unless it leaves the table or is contacted by an enemy unit. Cohesion is marked with a 5mm dice in a dice frame (another order heading your way soon Leon :) ) and units remain on table unless they rout off or are "Scattered" by contact.

Formed units were originally going to be 60 strong but Rapier do units of 48 so I decided my units would be suffering 3D effects - Disease, Desertion and Detachments :) Besides 60 men would really need 80mm wide bases, so I can get more on the table this way.

I thought I was coming up with something novel!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Upgraydd

Thanks all for the welcomes and the quick, clear responses.

I like the dice frame idea and will definitely incorporate it into my bases. I think modelled combat tokens will be the way to go, they make it easy for onlookers to see what's going on and look good for pictures when doing AAR's.

Jez

Luddite

Can't wait to see them Jez!   :D
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

Just arrived now!

We picked up the QRS sheets today as well, so we just need to get a load of them packaged up and we'll have them on sale at York on Sunday!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

And in typical Sod's Law, the clear cellophane envelopes we'd bought to put the rules in arrived as well... and they've sent us the wrong size.   >:(  

We've got a backup option, but they don't look as nice and shiny in a gripseal bag.   :(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Chieftain

They look great Leon!

And just in time for York too. 
Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Roy

Does that mean we can't thumb through them before purchase, if they're all in bags?
Or will there be a display copy on the stand?
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

cbr3d.com

Hi Leon,

When will us poor bu**ers who can't get to York be able to order one?  (Damned stupid Sunday train timetables.   >:(  )

Leon

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 30 January 2015, 04:57:22 PM
Does that mean we can't thumb through them before purchase, if they're all in bags?
Or will there be a display copy on the stand?

There'll be a copy on the show stand, no worries there. 

8)

Quote from: Fig.ht on 30 January 2015, 05:04:22 PM
When will us poor bu**ers who can't get to York be able to order one?  (Damned stupid Sunday train timetables.   >:(  )

We're just waiting on the webguy to add a 'Non-VAT' function to the website (as rules don't have any VAT on them), so we're hoping that's done by Monday/Tuesday and then we're good to go.

nikharwood

Upgraydd

Excellent! Looks like I tuned into the ways of the Pendraken just in time...now the wait to get them to the other side of the world once I place my order.

fsn

Leon! Leon! LEEEON!

Another person from a flung part of the world. Put away the pigeons and get out the homing albatross!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman