Warband Rules!

Started by Leon, 21 January 2015, 12:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: fred    12df on 26 January 2015, 10:20:46 PM
Can you do a discount code for the webstore, so the rules + army packs are added then the discount is applied?

Not with this current website unfortunately, Matt's working on some updates at the moment which should add some new functions for us.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

toxicpixie

As a work around could you pop a comment in using Disquz with the hyperlink to the rules?!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Aquahog

Quote from: Leon on 26 January 2015, 09:00:17 PM

The new figures are all moulded and ready to go, so they'll be released at almost the same time as the rules. 

Wonderful news to my ears.

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 26 January 2015, 10:17:57 PM
It's just a hassle with the paperwork side of things, as a single deal the website won't recognise that the rules are VAT-free, so would add VAT to them.  So UK/EU customers would be paying VAT they shouldn't have to.  If we reduce the total price to compensate for that, then the non-EU folk would get them even cheaper as the VAT would be taken off...

Yeah forgot not everyone is as lucky as us who have to pay tax  :d

Quote from: Leon on 26 January 2015, 10:17:57 PM

That would be great, but the website software doesn't allow for adding buttons like that, we'd need the webguy to build that into the site. 

We'll figure something out!

8)

Maybe just add a link to the rules in the description of the item , if that's possible

JimLeCat

Hi Leon,

The new figures are all moulded and ready to go, so they'll be released at almost the same time as the rules. 

Do you have any better idea now if you'll have any of these to show at York this weekend?

Cheers,
Jim

Leon

Quote from: JimLeCat on 27 January 2015, 08:11:56 PM
Hi Leon,

Do you have any better idea now if you'll have any of these to show at York this weekend?

Cheers,
Jim

The figures won't be ready in time for the show, but we are hoping the rules will arrive from the printers in time.  We might cast some up and bring them for folks to look at, but we've not got all the packaging sorted for them yet.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Aquahog

Step 1 Grab plastic bag
Step 2 Put miniatures in bag
Step 3 Repeat as desired
Step 4 Sell the bags to happy customers who don't care about packaging
Step 5 Get filthy rich and spread the ten mill gospel.

You know where to send the money for my business consultation services. ;)

JimLeCat

Quote from: Leon on 27 January 2015, 08:39:46 PM
The figures won't be ready in time for the show, but we are hoping the rules will arrive from the printers in time.  We might cast some up and bring them for folks to look at, but we've not got all the packaging sorted for them yet.

Well, I'll be dropping by your stand anyway, so I guess I'll see what you've got on the day! ;^D

Leon

Quote from: Aquahog on 27 January 2015, 08:49:28 PM
Step 1 Grab plastic bag
Step 2 Put miniatures in bag
Step 3 Repeat as desired
Step 4 Sell the bags to happy customers who don't care about packaging
Step 5 Get filthy rich and spread the ten mill gospel.

You know where to send the money for my business consultation services. ;)

We could do, but we're wanting to make these look a bit more professional, so proper blister packaging and everything!  

Quote from: JimLeCat on 27 January 2015, 08:57:45 PM
Well, I'll be dropping by your stand anyway, so I guess I'll see what you've got on the day! ;^D

No worries, we'll see you there!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Leon on 27 January 2015, 09:11:56 PM
We could do, but we're wanting to make these look a bit more professional, so proper blister packaging and everything! 

First time for everything I suppose  :d

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

nikharwood

We're looking at £25-£30 per army at the moment, I just need to finalise the army pack compositions.  There will be a deal for two armies plus rules as well

Most excellent  8)

Upgraydd

This is sounding really good, it may be just the thing to get me back to 10mm. I have a couple of questions I couldn't find on the FAQ on these pages;

Will the army packs be sold with bases or will we need to buy these separately?

Will bases be removed after a number of hits/wounds are scored against it? How will hits be recorded? The reason I'm asking is a lot of us like to make min diorama wound markers and we could get started on this while we wait.

Cheers,
Jez

Techno

As that was your first post, Jez.
Welcome to the forum !!
Cheers - Phil.

Leon

28 January 2015, 09:16:46 PM #103 Last Edit: 28 January 2015, 09:17:45 PM by Chieftain
Thanks for the reply and welcome to the Forum!

Quote from: Upgraydd on 28 January 2015, 08:56:20 PM

The army packs will have the bases included with them, but the individual packs will not.  We'll have bases for sale separately as well a range of other gaming aids.

Will bases be removed after a number of hits/wounds are scored against it? How will hits be recorded? The reason I'm asking is a lot of us like to make min diorama wound markers and we could get started on this while we wait.

EDITED: As Chieftain has posted a better reply below!

Chieftain

28 January 2015, 09:17:01 PM #104 Last Edit: 28 January 2015, 09:35:14 PM by Chieftain
This is sounding really good, it may be just the thing to get me back to 10mm. I have a couple of questions I couldn't find on the FAQ on these pages;

Cheers,
Jez

Hi Upgraydd (and welcome to the forum!)

Leon covered the basing question perfectly.

Recording hits and morale loss.  
The rules don't specify how you do this as each player will no doubt have their own preferences.  During a game turn you will need to record hits as they are accrued from shooting, melee, magic, and other effects.  These are temporary.  Then there's the permanent loss of morale that will need to be recorded.

The most elegant way we've found to do this during playtesting is to model each base with a dice frame (from Minibits).  

You can see that here.

(Note, we also found that a second dice on the commander and magic user unit is useful to herd up the command point and magic point markers).

The dice in the picture shows remaining morale.  Units don't have 'wounds' as such, but its the same thing - how much punishment it takes before becoming combat ineffective.

We recorded accrued hits behind the base with small tokens.  However, I heartily recommend making some lovely casualty markers.  There isn't much need for other markers, but we have found that it can be useful to add in one or two for specific battlefield conditional modifiers.  For example, a unit that makes a direct charge into melee gains combat bonuses, and a nicely modelled 'charge bonus' token might be useful every now and then, especially mid-game when the chaos and bedlam of melee is really kicking off...

If you don't like battlefield clutter you could have a paper record, or some other method; whatever works for you.  
Again, making the rules flexible so players can do things their way was important to us.

Are bases removed from the battlefield?  

Ultimately yes, but morale collapse (unit reduced to zero) means the unit routs.  Its only if the unit doesn't rally before fleeing off-table, or gets run down by enemies while routing that it's actually removed.  

Part of the tactical skill in the game is getting into positions where you can sweep your routed enemies from the field.  Letting them escape into the backfield only to have their general rally them and get them back into the battle is most frustrating!

And frankly, the 100x50mm bases with your amazing and lovingly modelled diorama units on will no doubt look so good that it seems a shame to sweep them off the board so easily eh (even if they are running away)?
Official Guru of our Warband rules!