Warband Rules!

Started by Leon, 21 January 2015, 12:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbr3d.com

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 23 January 2015, 10:43:42 PM
Now look here Hormone Treatment.... :D

It's all very well being a new member and all, but playing fast and loose with a patented by-line is a bit much....

Goes off to mumble and dribble in the corner.....

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan  ;D ;D ;D ;D

;) ;D ;D ;D

Maenoferren

Are the wood elves getting an update too?  The teeny bows I can cope with but not the horses :)
Please say yes...pretty please
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Leon

Quote from: Maenoferren on 24 January 2015, 10:48:33 PM
Are the wood elves getting an update too?  The teeny bows I can cope with but not the horses :)
Please say yes...pretty please

There aren't any changes planned to the horses unfortunately, I'm quite keen on them myself!  We could maybe do with some differently posed horses in the future, but that's something we'd need to work on separately further down the line.

The riders themselves will be getting the revamp treatment, little changes here and there to give more variety.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Luddite

Hi Leon, if you ever plan to revamp your mounted figures, would you consider adopting 'separate mount and rider'?

Is that viable in 10mm?

Following the 10mm Bears thread it occured to me that being able to put riders on different beasties might be fun.   ;D
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

Quote from: Luddite on 24 January 2015, 11:40:55 PM
Hi Leon, if you ever plan to revamp your mounted figures, would you consider adopting 'separate mount and rider'?

Is that viable in 10mm?

Following the 10mm Bears thread it occured to me that being able to put riders on different beasties might be fun.   ;D

Possibly, but it depends on a few things.  The revamped Goblin riders will be separate to the wolves, but the new Hill Dwarves won't be.  Having them separate takes up a lot more space in the mould, plus it adds an element of time for the customers putting them together.  I think it's best reserved for codes where we've got a good selection of different horses/riders so that people can get maximum variety from being able to pose them themselves.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Nosher

What sort of prices will the army packs be?

Will you be doing any 'deals'? buy two armies and the rules etc??
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steeleye

Although I wish every success to Pendraken with their new Warband rules I won't be buying them...I simply do not buy rules I prefer to write my own.

What I am interested in, however, is the revamped (how do you 'revamp' a 'vamp'? Bite him/her on the neck twice perhaps?) fantasy range. I'm planning on buying a Goblin/Hobgoblin army and I'm wondering should I buy the 'old' range now (I always thought the Goblins were some of the best figures in the Fantasy ranges) or should I wait weeks, months, or possibly years for the 'new' Goblins to come out.

Although I cannot praise Pendraken figures enough, it has to be said that if Pendraken has a fault its the time it takes from announcing that a new/revamped range will be coming out and the figures actually appearing!

Any wild guesses as to when these revamped figures are likely to appear?

Leon

26 January 2015, 09:00:17 PM #83 Last Edit: 26 January 2015, 09:08:02 PM by Leon
Quote from: Nosher on 25 January 2015, 07:11:17 PM
What sort of prices will the army packs be?

Will you be doing any 'deals'? buy two armies and the rules etc??

We're looking at £25-£30 per army at the moment, I just need to finalise the army pack compositions.  There will be a deal for two armies plus rules as well, but I need to figure out how to work that on our website, as the rules don't have VAT on them but army packs do...  :-\

Quote from: Steeleye on 26 January 2015, 06:18:31 AM
What I am interested in, however, is the revamped (how do you 'revamp' a 'vamp'? Bite him/her on the neck twice perhaps?) fantasy range. I'm planning on buying a Goblin/Hobgoblin army and I'm wondering should I buy the 'old' range now (I always thought the Goblins were some of the best figures in the Fantasy ranges) or should I wait weeks, months, or possibly years for the 'new' Goblins to come out.

Although I cannot praise Pendraken figures enough, it has to be said that if Pendraken has a fault its the time it takes from announcing that a new/revamped range will be coming out and the figures actually appearing!

Any wild guesses as to when these revamped figures are likely to appear?

The new figures are all moulded and ready to go, so they'll be released at almost the same time as the rules. 

On the delays to the releases recently, we've popped up some info about that here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,11210.0.html

Nosher

Quote from: Leon on 26 January 2015, 09:00:17 PM
We're looking at £25-£30 per army at the moment, I just need to finalise the army pack compositions.  There will be a deal for two armies plus rules as well, but I need to figure out how to work that on our website, as the rules don't have VAT on them but army packs do...  :-\

Nice one ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 26 January 2015, 09:00:17 PM

Drop the price of the rules when calculating the army packs, so that when VAT is added the customer still pays the regular price for the rules? Or is this a problem for keeping track of VAT?

toxicpixie

Probably a sod for vat tracking like that. Just add a link button to add the rules as a Separate item line - so no "all in one" pack but as easy as possible to do together?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

Quote from: petercooman on 26 January 2015, 10:07:09 PM
Drop the price of the rules when calculating the army packs, so that when VAT is added the customer still pays the regular price for the rules? Or is this a problem for keeping track of VAT?

It's just a hassle with the paperwork side of things, as a single deal the website won't recognise that the rules are VAT-free, so would add VAT to them.  So UK/EU customers would be paying VAT they shouldn't have to.  If we reduce the total price to compensate for that, then the non-EU folk would get them even cheaper as the VAT would be taken off...

Quote from: toxicpixie on 26 January 2015, 10:15:35 PM
Probably a sod for vat tracking like that. Just add a link button to add the rules as a Separate item line - so no "all in one" pack but as easy as possible to do together?

That would be great, but the website software doesn't allow for adding buttons like that, we'd need the webguy to build that into the site. 

We'll figure something out!

8)

fred.

Can you do a discount code for the webstore, so the rules + army packs are added then the discount is applied?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Ironduke

Sounds great, i don't see any problem, I'm guessing the movement trays won't break the bank, then at the end of the game, hey presto lift em out, can't wait to get my hands on the rules, I'd relish the chance to review them
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!