Warband Rules!

Started by Leon, 21 January 2015, 12:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

This is really sounding like a 'what did I paint last year' list!
Only need three of those for the full set!

Lots of dragons mentioned there, does that mean new ones are on their way?
What of the Fantasy medieval humans?only asking as they have the dragon rider at the moment!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Fantay humans is where I would be interested in going. Already have a Warmaster dragon which is waiting for some paint, not to mention the Warmaster steam tank. And Ironsuke has posted a very good video on making hang gliders for crossbowmen.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

cbr3d.com

AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I can hear those dreaded sounds now, 'Grandad, can you get us some of them - and paint and base them for us as well.  Pleeeaaaasssseeeee........... '.  Of course being a hard hearted, uncaring, and down right Grumpy Old Man - I start clicking on the 'Add to basket' buttons.    :)

Of course that also means that I had better learn the rules so as to play against the GK's, life can be so hard at times.   ;)

Techno

toxicpixie

"These are presents for the grand kids, Mrs. Fig.ht, honest"

"They'll make great Xday-presents"
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Roy

:-bd Loving the sound of those army lists!

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

xccam

nikharwood

Great to see these completed - nice to see Pendraken get into the rules arena  8)

Leman

Hello Xxcam, Nice to hear from you.

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 23 January 2015, 06:11:33 AM
Lots of dragons mentioned there, does that mean new ones are on their way?
What of the Fantasy medieval humans?only asking as they have the dragon rider at the moment!

Quote from: Leman on 23 January 2015, 07:30:29 AM
Fantay humans is where I would be interested in going. Already have a Warmaster dragon which is waiting for some paint, not to mention the Warmaster steam tank. And Ironsuke has posted a very good video on making hang gliders for crossbowmen.

The humans are one of the bigger jobs sculpting wise as we're starting from scratch on those.  The current Humans are simply our Late Medieval historical figures, so they don't match up properly to the slightly larger Fantasy sculpts.  Techno's going to be making completely new figures for those but we wanted to get some of the other ranges done first as they're quicker conversion jobs.

There are some revamped Dragons coming as well, Phil's been doing work on the various ones we had before to give more variety.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Given what I already have on my plate at the moment I'll hang on for those humans. Will take a look at the rules at Vapnartak if they're there, otherwise Triples.

Fenton

I just got some of the Elizabethans for my human army as I like the look of the period. Though some Tudor and Late Medieval will be mixed in
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Chieftain

Quote from: far4ngn on 22 January 2015, 07:13:36 PM
I'm up to play these rules, any idea if they can be done solo :)

Not having much experience with solo gaming, it's hard to say.

However, given the way that command and unit 'activation' works, I would say that they might do.

It will be interesting to hear the experiences of people who decide to use them for solo gaming.
Official Guru of our Warband rules!

GrumpyOldMan

Now look here Hormone Treatment.... :D

Quote from: Fig.ht on 23 January 2015, 07:59:38 AM
Of course being a hard hearted, uncaring, and down right Grumpy Old Man

It's all very well being a new member and all, but playing fast and loose with a patented by-line is a bit much....

Goes off to mumble and dribble in the corner.....

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Aquahog

I can't speak for all solo players but generally what kills a game off as soloable for me is if it requires information to be hidden between the sides e.g. secret objective cards.