Warband Rules!

Started by Leon, 21 January 2015, 12:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Squirrel

Great news about the rules, I hope that after so many people have urged Pendraken to produce their own rules here on the forum in the past, that they will be well supported! Admittedly 9 ot of 10 rule sets I buy get read and never used, but I'll probably pick up the PDF when its available. (Just to keep up with the in crowd, yes my existing fantasy armies are based for WM, but a movement tray is not exactly rocket science!)

Most exciting for me is the prospect of new Hill Dwarves and Goblins by our talented Techno  :D 8) Can't wait to see those!

Cheers,

Kev

ronan

Leon,  ;D

Chieftain : Thank you ! wonderful !

I agree with  Squirrel, I'll surely buy the pdf, but fantasy is not my main "era".

andys

Fantasy rules you say? Colour me interested.

May I suggest photos of the fantasy range miniatures on the website? Might help to boost sales?

Leon

Quote from: andys on 21 January 2015, 08:09:22 PM
May I suggest photos of the fantasy range miniatures on the website? Might help to boost sales?

All of the new ranges will have photos with them, so no worries there!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

capthugeca

21 January 2015, 10:23:46 PM #50 Last Edit: 21 January 2015, 10:26:49 PM by capthugeca
Sorry if I've missed it but has this question been answered:
Quote from: CPTHilts on 21 January 2015, 08:57:13 AM
On which table size will it be played?
Sorry - ignore that. I've just noticed the FAQ.

I'm afraid that the bases and size of table are bit much for me. I'm sticking to Brent Spivey's Mayhem which I am really enjoying.

But I wish all the best with the venture and will certainly be dipping into Techno's new creations.
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Womble67

Hi all
        I think this is fantastic news. And wish Pendraken evey success

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

Quote from: capthugeca on 21 January 2015, 10:23:46 PM

I'm afraid that the bases and size of table are bit much for me. I'm sticking to Brent Spivey's Mayhem which I am really enjoying.

I got Mayhem for Xmas as a I asked for it. Not what I really want in a game though.  I think it will be put on ebay next week
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Plasticoutsider

Okay, this looks superexcellent.
I do like the idea of a diorama-style bases, particularly for 'horde' armies like goblins.
I'm very close to being giddy with excitement.
As close as I ever get anyway.
Will certainly be investing in this.

andys

Quote from: Leon on 21 January 2015, 09:27:10 PM
All of the new ranges will have photos with them, so no worries there!

8)
...and the old ranges that aren't being replaced? Or are they all getting redone?!

Leon

Quote from: andys on 22 January 2015, 05:38:15 PM
...and the old ranges that aren't being replaced? Or are they all getting redone?!

We'll be trying to add more pictures of the old Fantasy ranges, but those will be in the regular photo queue with everything else.  We'll get as much done as we can though.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

far4ngn

I'm up to play these rules, any idea if they can be done solo :)

Gunhit

Question on the Army lists. Will they be similar to Warmaster and be specific to set fantasy armies/ backgrounds etc or can a player create their own army lists depending on the fantasy world that inspires them?

Adrian

Fenton

When Luddite was talking about them  many moons ago ( I presume these are the same rules) they seemed to be very generic. I dont think it would be too hard to adapt them to a setting you want
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Chieftain

22 January 2015, 10:19:30 PM #59 Last Edit: 22 January 2015, 10:29:10 PM by Chieftain
Hi Gunhit.

The army lists are set, although not to any specific background.  They are mix of 'traditional' factions, and some unique lists based around Pendraken's fantasy army ranges.

There are twelve armies available;

BARBARIAN MEN
Barbarian men are savage tribes of primitive humans who are as rugged and wild as their homeland.  They fight alongside an array of fearsome beasts and monsters.

DARK ELVES
Dark elves have made the underground realms their home, and come to the surface to raid and make war.  Their powerful magic and skilled archers fight alongside monsters of the underworld.

DRAGON MEN
Dragon men hail from fertile feudal lands.  Their armies are filled with ranks of armoured knights and warriors.  They are ruled by dread chromatic dragons who rule as terrible kings.

ELDRITCH VAMPIRES
Eldritch vampires cast their dark rule over stygian lands of mountain, forest, and swamp, where subdued folk are dominated to serve their twisted masters alongside all manner of undead horrors.

GOBLINS & ORCS
Goblins and orcs are vigorous, fractious tribes who live by hunting, raiding, and war.  Their tribe queens and war chiefs drive great hosts of warriors and monsters into battle.

HIGH ELVES
The high elves are ancient and powerful folk, with skilled archers and magic users.  They count dragons and elementals among their monstrous allies.

HILL DWARVES
Hill dwarves are the living embodiment of stoicism.  They seem almost carved from the rock of their homelands.  Their warriors are well armoured and fight alongside powerful artillery and monstrous elemental creatures.

LIZARDMEN
Lizardmen dwell in vast jungles and rain forests, where their semi-aquatic folk thrive in the abundant life-energies.  The lizardmen and their newtmen cousins take to war alongside forest beasts of all kinds.

SAMURAI APES
Samurai apes inhabit a mystical island that has yet to fully form.  They are masters of war who are innately linked to the chaotic elemental energy of their homeland.

TAURIANS
Taurians are centaurs and minotaurs who dwell in a land of mazes and labyrinths.  Their tribal city armies are savage, primitive, and powerful.

UNDEAD
Undead inhabit a sour and wasted land where no life survives.  Their armies are filled with skeletons and the recently dead, and are commanded by vampires and necromancers.

WOOD ELVES
Wood elves are fickle and wild folk from the woodland realms, and like their kin are master archers and spell casters.  Great eagles, forest elementals and the feared arboreal dragons are their allies.

Within each army, there are many units and troops to choose from, and these can be further modified with 'optional upgrades'.  These have been designed so that they will allow you to tailor your army to your specific fighting style, rather than to generate an 'optimal build'.  

It means that no two armies should ever be quite the same.  For example, you could build a Barbarian Men army that is a nomadic mounted force riding into battle on bisons and mammoths, or a mountain tribe of infantry archers, fire elementals and flying icarusi owl men.
Official Guru of our Warband rules!