LOA Cuirassier

Started by Bunny, 13 January 2015, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

I know we often go off at complete tangents, and play silly sods.....But this is where this forum is absolutely brilliant..... For getting great info from really helpful folk !! :-bd
Cheers - Phil

Chad

Bunny

Information as follows:

Bavarian Cuirassier
Source - "Danes, Bavarians and Prussians" (P Condray for Editions Brokaw 1986)

Organisation - 3 squadrons of 150-200 officers and men.

Foth Regiment - Light Gray coat with Carmine cuffs. Leather vest and trousers. Officers and musicians in reversed colours. Shabraque carmine with white edging. Scabbards brown leather, belts buff and cartridge box black leather.

Costa Regiment - As for Foth

Wolframsdorf Regimentt - Light Gray coat with Light Green cuffs and vest. Leather trousers. Officers and musicians in reversed colours. Shabraque Light Green with white edging. Other details as for Foth

Arco Regiment - Light Grey coat with Light Blue cuffs and vest. Leather trousers. Officers and musicians in reversed colours. Shabraque Light Blue with white edging. Other details as for Foth.

It is not clear from my information if musicians wore a helmet or a hat.

Swabian Cuirassiers
Source - "The Armies of the Imperial Circles of Swabia and Franconia as well as the Bishopric of Wurzburg and the Margravate of Ansbach" August Kuhn - Editions Brokaw 1989

Swabian Kreis Reiter Regt #1
Commanders - 1683-91 Count Johann Franz von Bronkhorst zu Gronsfeld
                    1692-1704 Johann Friedrich Schenk von Stauffenburg
                    1704-1736 Count Eustachius Maria Fugger

Organisation - 8 companies of 70-74 men each

Dark Grey coat with red cuffs. Dark Grey trousers. Musicians in reversed colours. Shabraque red with white edging

Swabian Kreis Reiter Regt #2
Commanders - 1683-87 Quirrin von Huehnstett
                    1687-98 Duke Ludwig von Wurttemburg
                    1698-1731 Prince Friedrich Ludwig von Wurttemburg

Organisation - 8 companies of 7--74 men each

Light Grey coat with red cuffs. Light grey trousers. Musicians in reversed colours. Shabraque Yellow with white edging.

The Swabian uniform information is not as detailed as some of my other information, but hope it helps.

Chad

Bunny

Thanks Chad very helpful.

The first regiment of cuirassiers are almost complete, hopefully pics tomorrow

paulr

Quote from: Techno on 21 January 2015, 08:25:38 AM
I know we often go off at complete tangents, and play silly sods.....But this is where this forum is absolutely brilliant..... For getting great info from really helpful folk !! :-bd
Cheers - Phil

Seconded, although most of the tangents are pretty entertaining as well  ;) ;D ;D ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bunny

Finished a unit of Franconian cuirassier, does anyone have any flags for these units?  I've seen the. 7YW infantry ones on the project wiki and the sylised 'FC' will work for one but what about the other?

Thanks

Chad

I will check my information when I get home on Sunday

Chad

Hertsblue

According to Kuhn, prior to the War of the Spanish Succession the Franconian cuirassiers' standard was square and white. On one side was the Imperial double-headed eagle and on the other the coat of arms of the Prince Bishop of Bamberg (who orignally owned the regiment) over which was the inscription "Pro Deo Caesare et Imperio". Wikipedia shows the coat of arms thus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince-Bishopric_of_Bamberg.

Hope this helps.   
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Bunny

Quote from: Hertsblue on 24 January 2015, 04:42:28 PM
According to Kuhn, prior to the War of the Spanish Succession the Franconian cuirassiers' standard was square and white. On one side was the Imperial double-headed eagle and on the other the coat of arms of the Prince Bishop of Bamberg (who orignally owned the regiment) over which was the inscription "Pro Deo Caesare et Imperio". Wikipedia shows the coat of arms thus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince-Bishopric_of_Bamberg.

Hope this helps.   

Thanks