Anyone Else Want a Norwegian NM116 (Modern M24 Chaffee)?

Started by Mako, 13 January 2015, 02:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

I ran across a thread here on the forum, showing a prototype M24 Chaffee, dated last Spring, and it looked quite nice.

That got me thinking, that if the side-covers over the upper treads were removed, and with a few other minor modifications (e.g. 90mm gun from the M48A3 tank, a turret extension at the rear for the gun to recoil into, and some smoke dischargers and rectangular boxes on the fenders), it would make a great Norwegian NM116 tank.

Given than we already have the BV206, M113, and M125 from Pendraken, and with a longer 105mm gun for the existing M48A3 miniature, a lot of Norwegian Cold War vehicles could be fielded in short order, to oppose those pesky Soviet T54s and T55s that are available now.

Of course, I'd love to see the Leopard 1, and some other vehicles eventually too, but I can make these work, in the interim.

So, anyone else interested in fighting for Norwegian territory, during the Cold War?

If so, feel free to chime in here, and/or let Leon know directly, like I did.

Best regards,

Rob

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Sorry Mako - wrong 90mm - its a French LP one, fitted to the AML-90, Ratel etc. But yes with that caveat you could. Howver I suspect the enging deck has been raised to accommodate a desil   as well

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

I only want a couple of "normal" Chaffee's for French Indo-China am afraid :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!