Franco-Prussian War

Started by Javier Gomez, 12 January 2015, 03:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

(You don't have to stop with a pair, if the era's one of those really busy ones.)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

You should also try and squeeze in some Black Brunswickers and some of the delightful cornflower blue and purple Saxon cavalry which operated away from XII Corps against the French Army of the North.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mollinary

Quote from: Leman on 28 October 2016, 11:18:53 AM
some of the delightful cornflower blue and purple Saxon cavalry which operated away from XII Corps against the French Army of the North.

Purple?   :o :o :o :o :o

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Saxon 2nd Horse regiment - dark purple-red collar and square cuffs.

Saxon 1st and 2nd Uhlans - dark purple-red collar and Polish cuffs.

mollinary

Quote from: Leman on 28 October 2016, 04:55:13 PM
Saxon 2nd Horse regiment - dark purple-red collar and square cuffs.

Saxon 1st and 2nd Uhlans - dark purple-red collar and Polish cuffs.

I think this is a transliteration of "purpurrot" which I have usually seen translated as "crimson". Any of our native German speakers able to resolve this?

Mollinary

Szymon

I think crimson is spot on as translation for purpurrot  ;)

mollinary

Bunny

Quote from: FierceKitty on 28 October 2016, 12:25:25 AM
Words of wisdom.

I usually collect both armies as well.

League of Augsburg, ACW, 7YW(I'll end up doing multiple armies)

I want to do Crimea and FPW/APW but I hear the Crimea range is going to be revamped so I'll wait

cameronian

Paint them any colour in the red/blue spectrum you like; the dying process was so hit and miss the Bavarians marched through Munich in the 1871 victory parade ion new uniforms described variously as Lilac or Violet  :D
But he is right, technically.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Brotherdargon

Quote from: cameronian on 31 October 2016, 08:23:40 AM
Paint them any colour in the red/blue spectrum you like; the dying process was so hit and miss the Bavarians marched through Munich in the 1871 victory parade ion new uniforms described variously as Lilac or Violet  :D
But he is right, technically.

Button colours were correct? :) I have to check my Saxons. I hope colours will be accepted by our uniform gurus.

Javier Gomez

Gentlemen

It's been a long without visiting this site, massive amount of work and other wargaming projects (including my own miniatures company) kept me quite busy, but lately I recovering my interest for the period and planning to resume my collection. After finishing some Saxon cavalry half painted under a coat of dust since 2015, not sure abour next move. Republican French would be the logical step but 1866 Austrians are very tempting...

My apologies if I left any unanswered post or private message!

Leman

1866 Austrians are indeed very tempting, as is the forthcoming(?) book on Koniggratz. Not sure whether it has been printed yet, although I did place a preorder with Ken Trotman many moons ago.