Pendraken Painting Competition 2015!

Started by Leon, 08 January 2015, 02:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andys

Quote from: fred    12df on 15 January 2015, 08:45:38 PM
Another year another painting comp. It seems no time since the last one!!

I can understand this, its quite a big competition, and there are some really good entries. I'm ever hopeful of getting another win (or even second) but the standard of the competition has increased much more quickly than my painting skills, over the last few years!!

But its also a fun competition, and I also find it makes me dig out some old stuff to finish off.
Well based on the Landsknecht competition you totally aced last month, (I wuz robbed), I might just have a cheeky couple of quid on you coming up trumps with this one  ;) :D

fred.

If you can get odds from Ladbrook's, put a couple of quid on for me !! Though I suspect you will have better chances on the lottery.

Glad you liked my painting on the Zewihanders, but considering you and me were 2/3s of the entries, the odds for both of us were rather shorter than at Pendraken land.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

andys

Quote from: fred    12df on 15 January 2015, 09:33:16 PM
If you can get odds from Ladbrook's, put a couple of quid on for me !! Though I suspect you will have better chances on the lottery.

Glad you liked my painting on the Zewihanders, but considering you and me were 2/3s of the entries, the odds for both of us were rather shorter than at Pendraken land.
True, but you got ALL the votes FFS. Is your middle name Mugabe?  ;)

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

andys

Quote from: fred    12df on 15 January 2015, 10:34:12 PM
My Dad is from Rhodesia....
So you're saying you're as bent as a nine Bob note then? IT'S A FIX!!!  :D :D

(did you see what I did there?)  ;)

Techno

I'm not sure whether to hand you your coat, or not, for that one, Andy.  ;) ;D ;D ;D
I'll just let Nobby chew the fabric for a couple of hours anyway.

Cheers - Phil

Ironduke

I know rediculous right! I'm looking forward to seeing the other entries tho, always great 10mm eye candy
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Having a go myself this year, just to bulk out the entries.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

capthugeca

Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Fenton

If I get my order through in time I am going to have a go as well
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

andymac

Really looking forward to judging again this year and it's great to some new members showing interest in entering.  The standard of painting keeps getting better year by year and even if you do not get placed your work gets seen by an ever increasing number of people. 

Good luck to every one.

Andy Mac :D
Andy Mac
Andy Macs Photobucket - http://s347.photobucket.com/home/Andymacs

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Good to see you Andy.
How you doing these days?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

bradpitre

good evening !!!
I would try my chance too modestly this year, the level is very high, and this is a very good motivation to excel !!!
but the priority remains the exchange between people of good company !!!

eric
je suis contre les femmes............tout contre!!!!

2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!