A few 6mm Greeks/Macedonians

Started by kev1964, 07 January 2015, 03:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

Quote from: Ithoriel on 07 January 2015, 06:09:41 PM
I've spent 2 weeks painting 48 x 6mm Sumerians  :o :'( :'(

I am just going outside and may be ... some time.  ;)

Cor...I thought I was slow :D
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Mollinary, there's a coincidence. I will be playing my first game of Napoleonic Commands and Colours next week.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mollinary

I hope you enjoy it! It is fun, and has a very different feel from the ancients game. But the EPIC version of Ancients (there is not yet an Epic version of Napoleonics although it is on the cards) is a game which I find has a replay value second to none.  We played Raphia twice on Saturday, had two very close games, and it was tremendous fun. Players involved aged from 12 to 68!  Now that has to be a good thing.  :D

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Steve J

8 weeks is pretty impressive. I just wouldn't be able to maintain focus on a project like this, but then this is your job which must surely focus the mind.

Subedai

I'm not a great one for using tinterweb vernacular but in this case I will make an exception.

OMFG!!!

That is an amazing turnover time. I've still got 6mm figures that have been twenty years in the waiting for some paint and you say that you painted that lot in 8 weeks!
Breaking it down into manageable chunks it comes down to a mere 50 6mm figs per day which is okay, but 50 a day, every day for 8 week to that standards, not a chance. I take my hat off to you sir.

I thought it had gone a bit quiet, now I know why.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

ali657

That is incredible, quality and quantity. I stand in awe, superb. 8)
                    Cheers Al.
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Wow!!

They look fantastic - a huge army.

It makes you think that if this is 2800 figures, which is huge by wargaming terms, but rather small by the size of real armies of the time, just what the real thing must have looked like.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

kev1964

Thank's for all the comments lads, luckily it's a job i love doing,  it is sometimes difficult to keep focused  with this amount of figs though,even for me , normally i work on batches of a thousand in 6mm.
I was hoping to get onto some of my own 10s for a few days but i had a touch of man flu just before and after xmas so it looks like i'll have to wait for another couple of weeks or so now as playing catch up . The joys of being self employed :).

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

Quote from: fred    12df on 07 January 2015, 08:29:17 PM
Wow!!

They look fantastic - a huge army.

It makes you think that if this is 2800 figures, which is huge by wargaming terms, but rather small by the size of real armies of the time, just what the real thing must have looked like.

Which is what the smaller scales bring to war gaming.  There are 960 phalangites in those photos, so about two thirds of a single phalanx unit! The smaller scales bring a much clearer picture of height to ground scale, although even there we make compromises.  But massed small figures give an impression which, in my opinion, is infinitely better than small numbers of 28mm figures, no matter how well painted.

Mollinary

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Simply stunning  8) 8)

When do you get to paint their opponents?  ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Subedai

Quote from: mollinary on 07 January 2015, 08:53:34 PM
Which is what the smaller scales bring to war gaming.  There are 960 phalangites in those photos, so about two thirds of a single phalanx unit! The smaller scales bring a much clearer picture of height to ground scale, although even there we make compromises.  But massed small figures give an impression which, in my opinion, is infinitely better than small numbers of 28mm figures, no matter how well painted.

Mollinary

You got that spot on.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

mollinary

Quote from: paulr on 07 January 2015, 09:11:43 PM
:-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Simply stunning  8) 8)

When do you get to paint their opponents?  ;D

Paul,

The Romans are already done,   But for many battles this vast horde will divide into two to give battle as Alexander's successors. In the current scenarios for Epic CCA Paraiticene has the largest number of phalanx units which is eight for one side and seven for the other. Indians and Persians may have to wait until my wallet recovers! But that said, I should emphasise that Kev's service is extremely good value!

Mollinary

toxicpixie

That's superb :)

I think others have said everything else!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.