Show: Salute, London

Started by Leon, 07 January 2015, 02:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Hertsblue

Quote from: Leon on 09 February 2015, 12:30:20 AM
We've always paid for parking as well, last year was the first freebie I think?  Dave always parks the van so I never really know what he does with it!

If it's wet when it comes back he probably drives it into the Thames....  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Chris Pringle

Those who (unlike me) are able and willing to fight across London to experience the joys of Salute may be interested to learn that the Dunstable Generals will be using Pendraken figures for their Problus 1866 demo/participation game:
http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,11778.0.html

Chris

Dave Fielder

That will be worth the money alone ... keen to have a good look at BBB
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Hertsblue

We, the denizens of east Herts, will be running the first try-out of BBB at our club-meeting on Sunday. We have a slight problem in that our figures are based for a different system altogether, but it's nothing that a little wargamers' ingenuity can't work around.  :-bd

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Want to borrow my FPW kit?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

What does it do/consist of?

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It's two Corps of French (2nd and 6th) the Imperial Guard, two divisions of 1st Corps, plus four cavalry divisions.
Prussian 3, 10, 8th Corps, Hessians Division, Wurttenberger Division, 1st Bavarian Corps. There are also three cavalry divisions too.

On my 3" bases...
You know the ones...
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Thanks, Will, but the whole purpose of the BBB exercise was to get my thirty years old plus 5mm figures out on to the table. We have a cunning plan....

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Cool. Look forwards to seeing those.
They're there if you need them.

Chris Pringle

I hope the denizens of east Herts had a good time yesterday?

Chris

FierceKitty

And the native inhabitants too.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Quote from: Chris Pringle on 30 March 2015, 12:45:40 PM

Quote from: FierceKitty on 30 March 2015, 01:25:06 PM
And the native inhabitants too.

"Native inhabitants" are a part of "denizens" ... am I missing something subtle here?

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Hertsblue

Quote from: Chris Pringle on 30 March 2015, 12:45:40 PM

Chris

We did. When we'd realised that a "unit" was a brigade (that would be a "formation" in our world) everything went swimmingly - particularly von Kirchbach's attempt to ram a brigade column across a railway bridge into the teeth of a mitrailleuse battery and two battalions of Chassepots. It was a smallish (one corps per side) training exercise, and in his defence the perpetrator made the excuse that he was exploring the parameters of the rules. You may draw your own conclusions.... 

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Ouch!
Someone's going to get promoted and sent to Polsen!  :o

WFGamer

Wyre Forest club are running a GNW game at the show - the battle of Fraustadt, 1706. I hope some of you will stop by and say hi.