Show: Vapnartak, York

Started by Leon, 07 January 2015, 01:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

fsn

My son was engaged to a very attractive girl. When he joined the army his squaddie friends asked "have you got any naked pictures of your girlfriend?" When he rather crossly retorted in the negative, he was asked if he wanted some.

Very good they were too. Artistic. - FSN
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy

That reminds me of the joke ...

[man from Yorkshire asking a woman]

"Have you got any Yorkshire in you?"
- she replies in the negative
"Would you like some?"

[Henry Davenport, Drop the Dead Donkey]

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

nikharwood

Jim Ando

Hi

Can anybody give me the postcode for vapnartak.

Can't find it on their website.

cheers

Jim

Roy

Google Maps has the address as follows ...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/York+Racecourse/@53.939171,-1.091253,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x487930f9a3dbcec1:0x824ff59ce557b481

York Racecourse
The Racecourse, Tadcaster Road
York, North Yorkshire YO23 1EX
United Kingdom
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Leon

Quote from: Jim Ando on 30 January 2015, 07:03:09 PM
Can anybody give me the postcode for vapnartak.

Can't find it on their website.

YO23 1EX:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/York+Racecourse/@53.96185,-1.0638301,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x824ff59ce557b481

We come down the A19, straight down Shipton Road and then around to the right past the train station.  It's not usually too bad traffic wise, although we're there at 7-8am normally!

EDIT: Beaten to it!  Great minds...  ;)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Jim Ando

cheers

weather permitting the section 8 boys will be there tomorrow.

Jim

Leman

The forecast this morning showed it being cold tomorrow but snow showers confined to the area north of York, so fingers crossed.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Roy

At the moment (outside my window at Catterick Garrison) there's hardly any snow left (just the small slushy stuff in tiny patches), the Sun's out, but there is a cold wind.
Hoping it stays fine for tomorrow, as I don't want to make the same mistake as last year and dress for Winter ... and then sweat my nadgers off inside the show!

Leman

'Tis the way of things in the centrally heated western world. Think I might have my sartorial elegance sorted for tomorrow.

Roy

31 January 2015, 07:16:07 PM #25 Last Edit: 31 January 2015, 07:29:22 PM by RoyWilliamson
The Warband rules and two army box sets are first come first served!

Nosher

Quote from: fsn on 29 January 2015, 10:44:28 AM
My son was engaged to a very attractive girl. When he joined the army his squaddie friends asked "have you got any naked pictures of your girlfriend?" When he rather crossly retorted in the negative, he was asked if he wanted some.

Very good they were too. Artistic. - FSN

The old squaddie banter. Miss it.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Luddite

Well, just got back from York.  Another excellent show. 

Time for some tucker and a good veg out with a couple of throw downs.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Bodvoc

Yup, I enjoyed the show too, and spent far too much!
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Leman

Managed to rein myself in today, but still came away with some lovely 10mm buildings from Pendraken, plus other bits and bobs from around the show. Met Szwjczimon and Mollinary, with whom I had a good chat about C19th rules and using different scale figures and buildings for fighting different sized conflicts. Some lovely looking games on, especially 3rd Afghan War, 1919, in which one of my grandfather's fought, a WWI attack on the Suez canal, a magnificent Dux Britanniarum game, a very well presented WSS game and a Peter Pig participation game which was very pleasing to the eye. Unfortunately at the two early C20th century games the participants forgot that they were not at a club night and onlookers might like to know what is going on, what rules are being used etc, rather than being unceremoniously jostled out of the way to enable dice to be thrown at one game or completely ignored after expressing an interest at the other (and I don't mean not heard, I mean ignored - even to the extent that the person I attempted to engage in conversation mumbled incoherently and sidled off very quickly). My travelling companion expressed interest in the WSS game and that particular group was very forthcoming. However, when he expressed an interest in the rules being used he was told they were the club rules - end of conversation. Despite those couple of things I had a good time, got all the stuff I was after, even some D3s, and bumped into some very good company, so all in all a good start to the show year.