Show: Vapnartak, York

Started by Leon, 07 January 2015, 01:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leman

I think it was first show of the year itis coupled with the sunny, dry conditions. Never having been to Salute, it's a long time since I've been to such a large and busy show. Takes me back to Triples in the old venue.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Which - the hotel Victoria ??

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

No. the one before where it is now. Always seemed to be heaving, hot and smelly.

skywalker

A great report of the show. Me and my mates from Redcar Ironbeards got carried away and were there from 9.45 to 16.00 just looking around. I did get roped into a game of Star Trek Attack Wing by the guys of the York club. It was enjoyable but I prefer X-Wing as a game.
Spent some cash and got more toys to play with :)

A great show as usual.

Thanks go to the team that put it together  =D> =D> =D> :-bd

holdfast

It was all going very well until I came across the chariot racing teddy bears.

Leman

Why shouldn't teddys race chariots ??

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Fenton

Quote from: ianrs54 on 07 February 2015, 09:24:49 AM
Why shouldn't teddys race chariots ??

IanS

Well  it would be very unfair unless they are allowed good head start  as they will be at a big disadvantage as they only have little legs
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Roy

It was the teddy's on broomstick horses that I felt sorry for!  ;D

Trying to think who put that game on ... Brompton Bankers possibly? If it was them, they put on a brilliant Victorian Sci-Fi game at Battleground last November ... though that was a demo and not a participation game (like the teddy's game).
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}