Show: Vapnartak, York

Started by Leon, 07 January 2015, 01:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leon

The 2015 show season kicks off with the excellent Vapnartak, held at York Racecourse in Sunday 1st February.  For more info, head over to the York club website: http://www.yorkwargames.org/Vapnartak.htm

Please get any pre-orders into us before Sunday 25th January!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Luddite

Snow permitting i'm going to try to get down there. 

Vapnartak is always worth a trip.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

cbr3d.com

Wish I could make it, but checked the trains and the earliest I could get there is gone 2pm, so have to give it a miss sorry to say.   :'(

Bodvoc

I'll hopefully be there, with 2 mini buses full of eager pupils too!
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Leman

Will be there again this year.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Like Fig.ht I'm reliant on public transport and travelling on Sundays is even more of a pain than the rest of the week :(

I COULD get a bus at 05:40 to get to Vapnartak at about midday ... but I don't think I will!

Still hope that one of these years I'll get back to shows south of the border.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Roy

All things being well, I'll be there.

Not that I know any body from this forum (apart from Leon - as a customer/seller).

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leon

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 28 January 2015, 03:42:10 PM
All things being well, I'll be there.

Not that I know any body from this forum (apart from Leon - as a customer/seller).

I wondered who you were then, until I realised you'd changed your display name...  ;D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

I'm also attending wih a couple of club members. If anyone wants to say hi I'm 6.6 (over weight) will be wearing a black club t-shirt with my name on it.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy

Quote from: Leon on 28 January 2015, 04:36:36 PM
I wondered who you were then, until I realised you'd changed your display name...  ;D

Yeah. I had to drop my previous username, that I had for years, due to encountering a nutter who kept pestering me.
That got shortened to GB. Then I created the pseudonym I've now got. People were getting confused with my different names on different forums/blogs/FB, so I simplified it.
Roy Williamson's close enough to the truth and is enough of a fake name to provide the small level of security I need from crazy people on the internet.
As long as no one on this forum pesters me, demanding naked pictures of me! Then I won't need to change it again
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

fsn

Have you got any naked pictures then?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Quote from: fsn on 28 January 2015, 06:51:51 PM

When I read RoyWilliamson's previous comment my first thought was "I hope fsn doesn't see this".  X_X

I refrained from commenting to avoid encouraging him :-$

Unfortunately he needs no encouragement  :-&
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

He brought it up!

I am just blessed with a healthy curiosity.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

howayman

Unhealthy curiosity more like it.   ;)

Roy

Quote from: fsn on 28 January 2015, 06:51:51 PM

The News of the World had first dibs on them, but after the papers demise I had to destroy them all.