6mm BBB armies

Started by Leman, 05 January 2015, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

The Irregular 2mm buildings are similar to Brigade Models 3mm - see page 3 of this thread. The best fit I have found is the Paper Terrain buildings from the US. They have an odd postage system in that it seems ridiculously high on the website, but once you have ordered you get some of the postage back as a refund back into your credit card. No idea why it's done like that.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

Quote from: Fenton on 01 July 2015, 06:17:38 PM
The irregular ones are very small. There probably too small for irregulars 2mm range

I'm looking at them as "map markers", as it were as I'm aiming for a staff map sort of look for my 2mm stuff so I think I'll stick with getting some more of irregulars stuff when I can :) Nice as those TBM tiles are they're probably too much and too nice.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Subedai

I am trying to standardise my building groups on specific base sizes per type. Therefore a hamlet of about 3 or 4 small buildings is on a 60mm x 40mm, a village on 80 x 60 and a town on an 120 x 120. Larger areas can be made simply by adding more bases.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

alexmac207

This is outstanding! It deserves a spot as a sticky in the Scenics sub forum. Thanks Leman. I have been struggling with how to setup for my refight
of Reichenberg. I'm going to use this!

Quote from: Leman on 15 June 2015, 08:48:35 PM
I have started to make the terrain for BBB Spicheren. This has coincided with a delivery of new chairs to the club, so I made off with all the good sturdy boxes. My method is to make card terrain levels and then lay a cloth over; a time honoured method. I started by cutting open a box and then, using the scenario map grid squares as a guide, drawing out the contours on the card.

I then cut these out. The whole of the western side is steep sloped so I traced what I had cut out onto another layer of cardboard and cut that too. One contour made up of two layers will denote a steep slope. I then cut out all the gentler sloped contours and laid them out. The green circle is a village base. I put this one out (Schoneck) to gauge the size.

Once everything is set up I will be able to judge how successful it has been.

Leman

Glad you like it - it did give a very good game. The next outing will be Froeschwiller using the same system.

Leman

I am at last making some progress towards playing Froeschwiller. The latest offerings:

An Irregular Napoleonic command re-painted as French 1870:

Baccus Bavarian artillery:

Baccus Bavarian cavalry:

There must be something about BBB as, at the moment, I am working on completing the 2mm Langensalza, 3mm Peter Pig Shiloh and 6mm Froeschwiller. Must be mad!

toxicpixie

So, Risorgamento in 10mm, Crimea in 15mm, Danish Wars in 20mm and Balkan Wars of Independce in 28?!

Leman

TBH I do have Risorgimento stuff in 10mm, but Crimea is 6mm and Danish (1864) is 2mm. These, along with the 10mm Pacific War are in resting mode at present.

Subedai

Ohhh, they are nice.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

toxicpixie

Tak, you need to add a few more scales just for completeness ;)

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Very nice, Andy !  :)

Cheers - Phil