6mm BBB armies

Started by Leman, 05 January 2015, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

That's the one. It comes with short strands on one side and longer strands on the other. I use the short side with 6mm and 10mm, and probably with 15mm, but I will use the longer side with the 28s. How many war-games companies make a single cloth for different scales?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Fenton

Cheers I think I will get one next pay day
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Chris Pringle

Subedai

Nice looking table. From the top pictures the quite tasty looking buildings aren't too far out of scale, it's only when you put figures and buildings together in the same shot that it becomes more noticeable.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

Hoping to get my first TBM tile down the club for Thursday to replace Forbach. I think they fit even better with 6mm, but they are too big a footprint for village, hence the expanding use of the Paper Terrain buildings.

Leman

As promised a TBM 3mm tile with an Irregular 6mm base of FPW French. A totally different kettle of fish compared to the Brigade Models buildings.

toxicpixie

That looks very nice!

What's the approx foot print of the TBM 3mm town sectors?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

mollinary

Nice stuff, Leman.  A few of those should look just the job.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Subedai

They look really good, not too far out of scale at all...unless it is a Father Ted 'Near and Far Away' moment.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

The footprint is approx 4"square, which I can live with as I tend to use 30mm rather than 25mm frontage bases.

Fenton

Have you about making the roads in 3mm scale as well
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

toxicpixie

Quote from: Leman on 01 July 2015, 05:49:32 PM
The footprint is approx 4"square, which I can live with as I tend to use 30mm rather than 25mm frontage bases.

So about 4"/10cm a side (ish, as they're irregular in shape)?

That's pretty hefty - would make a very decent sized town each for what I was thinking! Good value then, from the price :)

Wonder if I can justify some for big BUAs. Do you know how they mesh with Irregulars "town peices" in their 2mm ranges?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Fenton

The irregular ones are very small. There probably too small for irregulars 2mm range

Leman

Quote from: Fenton on 01 July 2015, 05:57:34 PM
Have you about making the roads in 3mm scale as well
Yes got some with more on order. Also may upgrade my railway from lolly sticks to rubber in 3mm.