The Adventures of Kampfgruppe Klink

Started by bigjackmac, 31 December 2014, 05:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Excellent report, Jack !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

bigjackmac

Thanks everyone, glad you liked it!

Another Allied defeat, but I felt like the Aussies put up a pretty spirited fight, much better than I was expecting, given the situation, and the fight was a lot of fun.

Yeah, Wellington Force has definitely got it's work cut out for it...

Two more fights to go.

V/R,
Jack

Steve J

Another lovely AAR Jack 8).

@ Phil. Hope the hernia is behaving itself. I too had a mesh implant, but somedays still very sore by days end, but still better than a hernia.

Techno

It is at the mo', Steve, (and Jim).....I've at last figured how to put on this piece of medieval torture kit to keep it place.

Looking at it logically, there's not really an ice cream in Hell's chance of having it fixed, unless it goes completely ape poo and I have to have an emergency operation.
Do I want to go anywhere near a hospital, at the mo' ?.....I think not !

Final word before I hi-jack Jack's thread. (Which I don't want to do).

Interesting how you've both had the mesh implant. I was put right off having that done, due to seeing a report on the tele....If it goes wrong.... X_X X_X X_X

Cheers - (That's enough hernia talk on this thread.  ;) - Phil

bigjackmac

Thanks, Steve, and hope all is well, Phil!!

V/R,
Jack

bigjackmac

All,

Morning, 13 April 1941

Here we are, continuing Kampfgruppe Klink's campaign in Greece.  The first battle saw Captain Freitag's 1st Schutzen Battlegroup take a key mountain crossroads manned by members of the British Royal Engineers supported by Armored Cavalry from New Zealand.  The fight saw the Germans infantry nearly eliminate the Commonwealth battlegroup, which fell back in disarray.  Captain Freitag pressed his advantage, immediately pursuing south down, where it ran into defensive positions manned by the remnants of the New Zealand 21st Infantry Battalion.  1st Schutzen then evicted the NZ 21st Inf Bn from its positions, forcing them to fall back.  The third fight saw 1st Lt Ginter's 2nd Schutzen moving secure a crossing over the D3 bridge, forcing the 27th MG Battalion back.  The fourth fight saw Major Bohm's 2nd Recce Battlegroup push back the Australian 2nd Battalion, 8th Infantry Regiment after some fierce fighting.  The fifth battle saw Captain Freitag's beleaguered 1st Schutzen Battlegroup defend the B3 bridgehead against attacks by the British Rangers/9th King's Royal Rifle Corps, and the Royal Engineers/New Zealand Cavalry, pushing the former back and destroying the latter!  The sixth battle saw Battlegroup Wehner (1st Recce) attack and destroy the Lee Force/Australian 2nd Battalion, 7th Infantry Regiment, though they suffered so many casualties they were in then combined with the 2nd Recce battlegroup.  The seventh fight saw Lt Loeb's Panzers absolutely shellack the Allies' 4th Hussars, seeing the final defeat of Allied armored reserves, opening the road to the campaign objective of Servia, and unhinging the Allied defensive line.  The eighth fight saw Col Klink lead the Panzer Battlegroup in a hard-fought victory that saw the Australian 2nd Battalion, 8th Infantry Regiment destroyed.  Now we see Captain Freitag's 1st Schutzen Battlegroup attempting to fend off a spoiling attack by the British Rangers/9th King's Royal Rifle Corps, in an attempt to buy their comrades more time to withdraw from the German encirclement.

The British are on the attack but the entrenched Germans are roughing them up before they even get off their start line.

The Allied armor decides it's time to do something about all these pesky Germans!

But things take a turn for the worse when the German Stugs come rolling up.

To see how the fight went, please check the blog at:
https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2020/04/kg-klink-in-greece-fight-9.html

Next up we witness Colonel Klink leading the Panzer Battlegroup in an attack on the lightly armed Wellington Force, a hodge-podge of cooks, bakers, and candlestick makers hastily thrown together.  A victory here for the Germans will likely see the Wellington Force destroyed and the gate shut behind the retreating Commonwealth forces.

V/R,
Jack

paulr

X_X X_X X_X

The only faint bright point is there are only Kiwis left on the map ;)

Go the Wellingtons
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Boo....Hiss....

I think the Kiwis should be given a crack shot sniper and take this Klink chappie out of the equation. ;)

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Either that or let Charlie Upham at them ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Poor show by the allies. If you tried a game of the Greeks had been fighting the Italians, that would show these bully boy Germans they  wouldn't have stood a chance...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

bigjackmac

Yeah, I'm sorry guys, I didn't even want to post this fight, nothing (except the poor German mortar accuracy early on) went the Allies' way, and it just wasn't even close...

Paul cracks me up though, silver linings and such ;)

One more fight to go.

V/R,
Jack

Techno

Don't forget the sniper !  ;)

Cheers - Phil

bigjackmac

bigjackmac

All,

Well, we made it, the last fight of KG Klink's campaign in Greece! 

The ninth fight saw Captain Freitag's 1st Schutzen Battlegroup absolutely bludgeon the weakened British Rangers/9th King's Royal Rifle Corps as they attempted a spoiling attack to buy their retreating comrades time to escape the German encirclement.  It didn't work, and now we find Colonel Klink leading an assault by the Panzer Battlegroup on the lightly armed Wellington Force.  A victory here for the Germans will likely see the Wellington Force destroyed and the gate shut behind the retreating Commonwealth forces.

The Germans advance aggressively, so aggressively that they allow their Engineer Platoon, still mounted in their trucks, to be ambushed by Kiwis dug in on Hill 312!

And those damned Allied 2-pdrs are on the scene, again!

As absolutely all hell breaks loose on Hill 421!

The Germans ultimately come out on top, but the ragtag, lightly armed Wellington Force sure put up a helluva fight!

To see the whole thing, please check the blog at:
https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2020/04/kg-klink-in-greece-fight-10.html

For a post-mortem on the campaign, to include stats, thoughts on the map system and rules, and what's coming up next (hint: the largest invasion of the history of humankind), please take a gander here:
https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2020/04/kg-klink-mini-campaign-in-greece-map_30.html

If you're interested in seeing what KG Klink looked like at the end of Greece, check here:
https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2020/04/kg-klink-oob-greece-1941.html

If you're interested in the changes to KG Klink, what's it's going to look like and how it will be formed up, please take a look here:
https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2020/04/kg-klink-oob-for-operation-barbarossa.html

and:
https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2020/04/kg-klink-battlegroups-for-barbarossa.html

I thank everyone that made it this far, I hope you enjoyed it as much I did, and we'll be coming back to KG Klink as soon as I can get some stuff painted up and some stuff re-based.  In the meantime, we'll be heading over to my Cuba Libre blog for a massive, 30-fight campaign in the fictional African country of South Leon.

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner