French Ordonnance Standard Pack

Started by Nosher, 09 August 2010, 10:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

1 x C in C Knight, 20 x knights, 32 x 2HCT, 48 x crossbow, 48 x longbow, 32 x pike, 8 x halberdiers and 2 x medium guns

Can anyone please enlighten me as to what 32 x 2HCT is in this army pack please?

Thanks in advance ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Blaker

Well in old WRG language 2HCT =  two handed, cut and thrust weapon, soo this might be a halberdier or billman figure  8)

Leon

Quote from: Blaker on 10 August 2010, 12:46:48 AM
Well in old WRG language 2HCT =  two handed, cut and thrust weapon, soo this might be a halberdier or billman figure  8)

Yup!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Blaker

oooh it is feels sooo good to be right every now and then  :P

Must have been something in the water. . .

FierceKitty

I always thought it was a reference to American-style plumbing. You know, 2 Hot and Cold Taps.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Nosher

Cheers Chaps - if its not too much trouble could I have the codes used to make up the pack - complete medieval new guy!

Does anyone use this range to do FOG? Do you just stick to the same no of figures per base or is there a different conversion?

Thats two for the price of one and a 'virtual pint' for the first helpful answer!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Sean Clark

"I always thought it was a reference to American-style plumbing. You know, 2 Hot and Cold Taps."

That would be 2 HCF  ;) in Americanese

You can go two ways with these things. Either just put more figures on a standard FoG base or cut down your base size by upto half I guess. I dont play FoG but some lads at the club are just getting into it.  I guess in 10mm you'll need both sides anyway unless you have a pal to go in with you.  I would personally go for smaller bases meaning bigger games on the same size table.

Sean
God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

FierceKitty

But it's a standard arrangement in America, so it would need to be abbreviated in English, not American. Tho' mind you, the 'F' word may be found in Shakespeare, so 'T' is not the only option in international English.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: Nosher on 10 August 2010, 08:36:04 AM
Cheers Chaps - if its not too much trouble could I have the codes used to make up the pack - complete medieval new guy!

1 x C in C Knight - ELM38
20 x knights - ELM1
32 x 2HCT - ELM4/6
48 x crossbow - ELM10
48 x longbow - ELM5/7
32 x pike - ELM9
8 x halberdiers - ELM31
2 x medium guns  - ELM15
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nosher

Cheers Leon ;)

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mobileshop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/ipint-virtual-beer-under-fire.bmp&imgrefurl=http://www.mobileshop.com/blog/mobile-phone-blogs/did-you-steal-my-pint-brewer-accused-of-nicking-mobile-phone-beer-app/&h=456&w=320&sz=428&tbnid=X7vCLWKro5pdpM:&tbnh=128&tbnw=90&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dvirtual%2Bbeer&hl=en&usg=__uN2ttzi-bF5JmOMW15C1MyCFYBA=&sa=X&ei=AoVhTMi5Jc6OjAfLx-WaCQ&ved=0CDkQ9QEwAw

Frank Carson

Blaker

Howdy Nosher,

The group I know that is playing FOG and using 10mm are just adding more figures, example, a unit of 15mm Blades has 4 figures on the 40mm frontage, some are putting just the 4 some are putting 6 in two ranks and some are doing 8 in two ranks.

You need to decide which way gamers in your area are basing their 10s for FOG.  When I was playing DBM, I just used the same number of figs per base as stated in the rules for 15mm, except the Medieval Knights which were based on a 40mm by 60mm base. I could do a cool looking wedge with 3 in rear rank, 2 in middle rank and 1 at point. It looked very cool in 10mm. I some tried it with 15mm and it just didnt look right.

Soo I dont know if I helped or just confused you  :P

But bottom line, do what looks right to you and just tell your opponent what troop type it represents  8)

cya

Nosher

I thought that might be the case Blaker - thanks for your response.

As I'll be gaming solo most of the time and collecting both forces I guess it doesn't matter and I can employ the "what looks/feels right to me" train of thought. ;)

Frank Carson

Blaker

Howdy Nosher,

Thats the way I do it. Just bulldoze through what looks good to me and let the rest eat cake  ;D

Even with BKC, rules suggest 50mm frontage for infantry, I use 40mm for the infantry and it looks/feels right. Sooo there are 24 BKC armies in my area that are now using the 40mm frontage for infantry, simply because, I did it that way and they liked the look. I always have one stand done on 50mm frontage so they can compare. . .  Sneaky, I know  8)

Have fun and we will look forward to seeing some of your Batreps. Speaking of playing solo, Nik, does alot of solo gaming, you might talk to him and trade thoughts. Nik has done some really cool Batreps!

cya

Jagger

A lot of people play FOG in tournaments in America.  I was told 10mm are acceptable in tournaments using 15mm basing.  I personally don't do tournaments but if you do, you want your army compatible with the 15mm base size used in most tournament or group play.

Nosher

Cheers Jagger - I intend sticking to the recommended base sizes its more the number of figures per base I was looking for with 10mm being a it smaller than 15mm.

I was wondering how many figures people used or do they use the same number of figures in both 10 as they would in 15.

Frank Carson