A couple of new vehicles!

Started by Leon, 24 December 2014, 05:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertsblue

Quote from: Fenton on 30 December 2014, 01:32:24 PM
The Centurion ARV is a nice looking mod, but to be a little bit critical wouldnt time and effort be better spent creating  masters for the  fighting vehicles before the rest of the sundry types

Point about the variants is that the designer can use the basic hull, so the job's half done.  :) :)

Great work again, Mart.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 30 December 2014, 01:38:47 PM
Please wash your mouth out!

Have just done so with liquid soap  :-& :-&

But you didn't deny it! ;D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

For me, Pendraken could produce the complete range of Centurions: ARK, ARV, AVRE, BARV & dozer.

Other, less important vehicles should be a lower priority.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mart678

Thanks for the comments and for FSN the Centurion AVLB and ArK are on my list along with lots of others !!!!!!!!

fsn

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Orcs

Quote from: mart678 on 30 December 2014, 09:06:59 PM
Thanks for the comments and for FSN the Centurion AVLB and ArK are on my list along with lots of others !!!!!!!!

Oh No!!!  FSN has now gone to the bathroom with the Vanguard book on Centurions  X_X X_X :-&
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

It's OK. It's been laminated.  :)

Hertsblue

Might make turning the pages difficult....

www.rulesdepot.net

Wulf

Use your tongue, like everybody else.

...what?  :P

Hertsblue

Knowing Fsn he's probably laminated the book in a single pouch....

www.rulesdepot.net

holdfast

As I recall the Centurion ARV went on for ever, since the Chieftain variant was never put into production. There was a long debate in the early 1980s about whether we needed more accuracy per tank or tugs like the ARV to haul dead tanks away from the battle to where they could be repaired. The accuracy lobby won and as a result the chance of a first round hit was upped by abut 1.5% points at huge cost.

John Cook

Quote from: holdfast on 02 January 2015, 05:38:48 PM
As I recall the Centurion ARV went on for ever, since the Chieftain variant was never put into production. There was a long debate in the early 1980s about whether we needed more accuracy per tank or tugs like the ARV to haul dead tanks away from the battle to where they could be repaired. The accuracy lobby won and as a result the chance of a first round hit was upped by abut 1.5% points at huge cost.
Hi Holdfast, Don't want to start an 'oh yes there was/no there wasn't' argument but all the armd divs in 1 BR Corps had Chieftain ARVs by the late 1970's, and then ARRVs - the one with the crane.  They remained in service until Gulf War 1 at least.  The only Centurion ARV I ever saw in service was at Ludgershall, in the mid-1980s, where it was used to move Centurion MBT hulks onto the ranges on Salisbury Plain.