A couple of new vehicles!

Started by Leon, 24 December 2014, 05:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

This little package arrived from Mart recently, so we got some pics taken just before we shut up the workshop for Xmas!

First up we've got the A34 Comet, something which has been requested many times on the Forum.  Reaching production just in time for the end of WWII, over 1000 of these were built, with them also seeing action in Korea.  This is a lovely model as well, Mart's done a great job on it.

The other little present in the parcel should be of particular interest to fsn, as we're bringing another variant of his beloved Centurion to the party!  I didn't have a set of tracks to hand unfortunately, so you'll have to use a bit of imagination on this one!  The Centurion ARV had it's turret replaced with a superstructure housing the winch, able to pull 90 tonnes.

Hope you like them!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

T'riffic work again by Mart  8)
Cheers - Phil

fsn

Oh! It's ... the best present ... anyone could ever ... give me!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm so happy!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

When?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Do you know *snurt* what would go well with the Comet?

Some Korean *snurgle* War infantry.

Just saying. - FSN

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No Comets in Korea - Churchill Crocodiles, no flame trailier, Cromwells as recce troop, and something else.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Capt Sensible

Quote from: ianrs54 on 24 December 2014, 08:55:48 AM
No Comets in Korea - Churchill Crocodiles, no flame trailier, Cromwells as recce troop, and something else.

IanS

Ummm....Centurions, perhaps?  :) :)
''No more curried eggs for me!''

fsn

Hmmm. I always thought there were a few Comets that sneaked their way into the Cromwell troops.

Whatever, I'd still like some Korean War infantry!

Steve J

Comet perfect for WW2.5 and obviously Korea. Now we just need some Chinese army infantry and we're good to go :D.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Quote from: Leon on 24 December 2014, 05:13:24 AM
able to pull 90 tonnes.

8)

So its even more like FSN.  Rumour has it that the last woman he pulled weighed 90 TONs  ;D ;D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Nice vehicles.  They will make good additions to the range 
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

YORSTONS

Nice!!! We just need that pershing now along with those Korean war infantry :)

Fenton

The Centurion ARV is a nice looking mod, but to be a little bit critical wouldnt time and effort be better spent creating  masters for the  fighting vehicles before the rest of the sundry types
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

fsn