Random thoughts, musing and aggravations

Started by Shecky, 17 December 2014, 03:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wurrukatte

Leman

As the serrtied ranks of Prussians stoically marched forward into the teeth of Austrian artillery fire, the Austrian cuirassiers made a lunge towards the single Prussian cavalry brigade consisting one unit each of dragoons, cuirassiers and hussars.

Meanwhile on the right flank the Prussian musketeers and fusiliers were starting to take casualties and disruption from the advancing Austrians, some of whom were ensconced behind the walls, hedges and fences of a manor house complex.

The beginning of the end; Austrian cavalry have destroyed and driven off the Prussian cavalry, enabling them to get round the Prussian left flank. Initially the Prussian infantry held their own against the Austrian cavalry, but the might of the Austrian artillery was starting to weaken the Prussian centre, with one fusilier unit being destroyed entirely (some lousy morale dice were thrown by the Prussians last night). The game ended with Austrian cavalry milling round the Prussian left flank, three more Austrian infantry units turning up (belatedly) on the Prussian right flank and many Prussian units having reached shaken status. A minor victory was awarded to the Austrians.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

It gets better and better !!  :-bd
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Very impressive game and an interesting report

Interesting club set up, interesting to see permanently set up tables
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Good stuff, DP.  :) Almost feel as if I'm looking at a report of one of my own games (32 figure battalions, 12 figure cavalry regiments, etc.) .... only yours have more 'up to date' bases (mine are so old they are still flocked!  :-[). Rock on!  m/ And great club facilities ... jealous!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

Thanks for the positive comments folks. I think this does illustrate the use of paper flags with the Prussians.

Shecky

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 18 December 2014, 03:25:44 PM
Odd that the Pendraken SYW Austrian infantry don't have cast flags.

I'm glad they don't. The Prussian flags are somewhat easy even though I can't paint a straight line. I'd go crazy if I had to paint the Austrian flags by hand.
I started my ACW project with Old Glory. Their flags are cast on. I quickly gave up trying to paint the Union Stars n Stripes and Regimental flags. Looked like the leavings of a large farm animal.

Leman

Have to admit I am not a great fan of cast on flags, however I do like the cast on FPW French flag (but don't use the Prussian one) and did paint the Austrian flag on my original 1866 Austrians. Thank goodness the new castings don't have them.

Grim isn't it.

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Leave the critical understatement to ME.......

Seen worse... ;)

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman