Figure suggestion - More Ancient types!

Started by deejay, 08 August 2010, 04:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbe

Quote from: Leon on 22 May 2018, 10:32:43 PM
We're looking at some options to expand the Ancients ranges over the next 3 years-ish, so we'll have some more next on that later in the year.
:-bd

Put me down for an army pack!
I'm about to embark on the fool's mission of setting up Battle of the Auroch Hills with 10mm figures as well as building a scale model of the battleground. Maybe next year.

FierceKitty

Early Franks. Most of what has been mentioned is already available from one maker or another, but Franks are nowhere to be had.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

Some in colour (a word I know how to spell, dear computer).

FierceKitty

And here we have a few more. Perhaps the programme will allow me to post the wretched thing this time. I know very well I've already submitted it; if it hasn't been accepted, that is rather useless information.

These come from Phil Barker's Armies and Enemies of Imperial Rome, a book that treats English as the Vandals did North Africa. The beards shouldn't be there, as the book itself states in the accompanying text.

Leman

Someone should tell them that horizontal stripes make you look fat, darling. Vertical every time.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

That's why their descendants lost the struggle against Islam for the middle east.

Techno

Bog off    :P.....I'm doing something else (that I'm not telling you about) on the ancients range.

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Quote from: Techno on 23 May 2018, 11:27:07 AM
Bog off    :P.....I'm doing something else (that I'm not telling you about) on the ancients range.

Cheers - Phil

That's the last time I contribute to the Techno band-aid fund!

Techno

I'll be checking your contribution with 'Orcs', Alexander  ;D ;D ;D

I'm sure that awfully nice Mr Leon will get me to go thro'  as many 'ancients' as soon as 'poss'. (I'm doing some NOW......Not telling what they are though.  :P :P :P)

(I'm doing a fair few 'ancients' for someone who Leon has  put me in contact with.....Though these won't be very big ranges....And probably not available in the 'normal' sense of Pendraken figures)

Cheers - Phil  ;)

Ithoriel

Well .... that's clear as mud. :)

Thanks for clearing that up Phil :D :D :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

Did he get that hair cut by injudicious a-waving of that axe?

Quote from: Leon on 01 May 2012, 01:43:48 PM
Yep, this is the plan for the next couple of years.  Next up on the schedule is to revamp the Spanish, then the Gallic range.  After that we'll have a think, but we'd like to progress through the ranges in a logical fashion if possible, so that people always have an opponent to face.
Aw rats! That'll just mean more barbarians for the Romans.  Could we have some chariots?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 23 May 2018, 04:23:49 PM
Did he get that hair cut by injudicious a-waving of that axe?

That reminds me.......I REALLY DO need to have a haircut soon. X_X

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Tobbe

Quote from: Techno on 23 May 2018, 01:11:45 PM(I'm doing a fair few 'ancients' for someone who Leon has  put me in contact with.....Though these won't be very big ranges....And probably not available in the 'normal' sense of Pendraken figures)
That level of teasing seems like a whipping offence to me.
I'm about to embark on the fool's mission of setting up Battle of the Auroch Hills with 10mm figures as well as building a scale model of the battleground. Maybe next year.

Kiwidave

If you're going to be doing Franks, don't forget to include this figure: