Figure suggestion - More Ancient types!

Started by deejay, 08 August 2010, 04:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deejay

Hi Chaps,
How about increasing the Ancient range a bit, just by a few figures at least!

Such as: Completing the cavalry for the Archaemenid Persian range.
             Scythian horse archers.
             Hunnic Cavalry, Light & Heavy.

Even releasing a couple of these will get my megalomania running riot!!

Great job with the website!

Cheers,

Deejay

Leon

Cheers for the suggestions.  I've got the Achaemenid cavalry noted down already, as it's something we've planned to do at some point.  We'd also like to finish off some bits for the Macedonian Greeks, such as hypaspists.  I think Dave would like to do some Egyptians as well at some point.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jchaos79

vote for achaemenid cavalry and scythes. :)

Dunnadd

lentulus

Quote from: Leon on 08 August 2010, 04:19:59 PM
I think Dave would like to do some Egyptians as well at some point.

I don't do a lot of ancients, but chariot armies could make me change my mind.

Leman

From Dour Puritan,
The 2011 Impetus army list booklet is going to be featuring the Macedonians and Successors. I am intending to get involved in a 10mm Successors campaign with an Antigonid army. Some Antigonid cavalry would be good, eg shielded heavies and Tarantine lights. Any chance as the idea of pike phalanxes of 60 figures is quite enticing!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Phobos

Man, I vote too for scythian horse arches (and armoured nobles too)

Legate

I'll put a vote in for the Alexandrian and Successor fig lines being expanded.  As well as the Greek and Persians.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Light horse armies - alsmost as much fun as tanks ! Add my vote.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Glandalf

I also think you should increase the ancient range. Some range renovations like the republican romans or the new carthaginians will be really great.

For example, a new range of greeks will be easy, because most of them are hoplites, and with 2-3 poses of them, and some peltast and other few sculpts, the range is ready and will be an cheap alternative to the expensive 15mm hoplites armies.

In general I think if the ancient range will be large and they have more armies to choose, lot of people will go with 10mm.

Leon

Quote from: Glandalf on 01 May 2012, 08:08:48 AM
I also think you should increase the ancient range. Some range renovations like the republican romans or the new carthaginians will be really great.

For example, a new range of greeks will be easy, because most of them are hoplites, and with 2-3 poses of them, and some peltast and other few sculpts, the range is ready and will be an cheap alternative to the expensive 15mm hoplites armies.

In general I think if the ancient range will be large and they have more armies to choose, lot of people will go with 10mm.

Yep, this is the plan for the next couple of years.  Next up on the schedule is to revamp the Spanish, then the Gallic range.  After that we'll have a think, but we'd like to progress through the ranges in a logical fashion if possible, so that people always have an opponent to face.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Glandalf

Blaker

Chariot Period armies would be Awesome and greatly needed in 10mm   ;)

Tobbe

I saw the WiP 15mm Scythians at http://lurkio.co.uk/blog/archives/3011 and _know_ that I want them in 10mm  :P

I'm about to embark on the fool's mission of setting up Battle of the Auroch Hills with 10mm figures as well as building a scale model of the battleground. Maybe next year.

Leon

We're looking at some options to expand the Ancients ranges over the next 3 years-ish, so we'll have some more next on that later in the year.