Napoleonic Nassau sculpts!

Started by Leon, 23 November 2014, 11:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Oooooh nasty! Meat pies for the casting dwarves again.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 30 November 2014, 03:56:17 PM
It's a bad picture probably, the camera struggles with sculpts that have been converted as the shiny metal and dark putty seem to confuse my Auto settings. 
It's probably about time I worked out how to use the manual settings properly! 8)

Don't bother, Leon.....It's almost impossible....But if you do find out, let me know ! ;D ;D ;D ;D.....There's just too much contrast.... Unless you want to experiment for hours with different lighting.....Or a polarizing filter...That might work ?

It seems to depend on the colour of the putty, as much as anything else.

Cheers - Mr Lazy Photographer.

paulr

Quote from: fsn on 03 December 2014, 06:00:53 PM
Ummm ... just asking, but is Leon026 a clone?

Do they have their own accounts now? What happened to Leon002 to Leon025?  :-\

I was wondering when this was going to come up but, I suspect,  like most others wasn't going to ask  ;D ;D

Could some kind soul explain the clone significance to Leon026, I haven't been here long enough to know the back story ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

The clones of Leon mainly came about due to the amount of work Leon does. We decided that the only explanation of the level of customer service provided, while being on the forum, and posting orders, etc, etc. Was that there were a set of Clones of Leon.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fsn

03 December 2014, 09:08:05 PM #20 Last Edit: 03 December 2014, 09:11:38 PM by fsn
In Middle-Borough dwells a force of unnaturalness. Most times it is seen by mortals only as a shadow flitting across shadows, heard as a whisper within echos, touched as a butterfly wing in a beehive. It is called the Dark Lord and it truly dwells in another place and time, but touches our existence as flowing water touches a stone. At time is strains and stretches and walks the paths of man, and in this guise it is known as Leon.  

The Dark Lord is the Master of Pendraken. He keeps in thrall misshapen creatures, known as casting dwarves, shut up in a dark caverns beneath an innocent looking hill. Men may tramp over this greenery for years and never suspect the toil and misery enacted below their feet, though the fey may experience a faint shiver as they pass over. The Word of Pendraken has sounded around the lands beyond Middle-Borough and foolish men have flocked to become the playthings of the Dark Lord; selling their souls for a few trinkets of soft metal. So many came that the Dark Lord found that even his eldrich powers were not sufficient and so, in his vaulted chambers he brooded and inhaled the smoke of many rare herbs, and drank deeply of the fizzy pop of truth and forgetfulness. For long time he sat and pondered. His consort, Milady could not console him, though she tried to distract him by dressing in the ancient way and presenting him the fabled Controller of Exbox. But he would not be disturbed and cuffed her about the head.

The time the Dark Lord spent in hospital was fruitful. He instigated another NHS reform, and he found the answer to his problem. So in a ceremony so terrible, that not even Channel 5 would screen it, the Dark Lord made copies of himself. These were mostly mindless creatures, for he feared that one would grasp at his Dark Power (and indeed one has risen to high position within the government) and they now oversee the casting dwarves in the caverns in Middle-Borough. Producing soft metal trinkets to enslave the hearts of men and remove their wits.    

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You had to edit that? What did you remove? Is there a schism in the words of worship?
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

I think he carelessly named the clone in the government and had to delete it, before 'they' came round to sort him out.
('They' are the "Silent watchers".) :-X

Cheers - One of the Nozdrul.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno

Ho, YUS !!

Trouble is...When they turn up, all you can hear is CLANG, CLANG, CLANG......Which, to be honest, is a bit of a giveaway.
Now, young Wilbo......Put on the ring. @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) ;)

paulr

Perhaps I shouldn't have asked...  ;D ;D ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

The Book of the Dark Lord is constantly changing, as her moulds reality for his amusement.

The Third Fourth Edition (of 2014) is available in all ethereal book shops now.

Rob

Leon, whats the approximate schedule for getting all of the new Napoleonics into production?

:)

Leon

We're looking at the new year now, with the Brits being first.  We've got them all master moulded, I just need to spin off enough for the production moulds and then we can get started on those.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dragoon

6 Mths. To go and not a figure for the 21st. Regiment of foot. Sigh!!
Regards

Mike L