rugby

Started by barbarian, 22 November 2014, 02:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

I was surprised James Haskell wasnt sent off as tripping is a red card offence
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Nosher

It was a good day for Northern Hemisphere Egg Chasing. But as Fenton put it it will make little difference come RWC15.

If you haven't watched League yet, you should. 90% of matches are just as (if not more) exciting than today's game EVERY WEEK.

Well done Ireland. England certainly know how to make an uphill battle an everest-esque challenge!!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Nosher

Haskell was having a monster game but should know better.

In fact some of Englands forwards have been overlooked this championship. Marler has been solid and Robshaw has really come of age in recent games.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Close, ond dim banana !
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Quote from: mollinary on 21 March 2015, 07:09:39 PM
Wow! What a conclusion to the Championship.  Open down to the last seconds.    Well done Ireland, an amazing and relentless performance against Scotland.  But what a game at Twickenham - so much character, so much endeavour, a truly magnificent end to the 6 nations.  Stuart Lancaster deserves a lot of credit for the way England play, and their sheer resilience. And what do you say about France, 35 points and on the losing side by 20! I cannot wait for the Wordl Cup.  :o  :o  :o =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

A completely exhausted and exhilarated Mollinary
Totally agree, Moll. A fantastic end to the tornament (say in an Irish accent).
Congratulations to Ireland - I was so wrong after the Wales defeat.   :-bd  (and, as a Scot, a little consolation to have some Irish blood in me!)
Commiserations to my English and Welsh friends - gallant efforts by both. You gave everything but not to be.

Quote from: getagrip on 21 March 2015, 04:59:58 PM
So long as the Jocks got hammered and the sheep botherers don't win the competition, I'm okay  :)
;D =O  ;D
We believe it.  :^o  Keep telling yourself that, Grip. We know you are hurting, pal.   ;)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Raider4

Quote from: Nosher on 21 March 2015, 07:26:51 PM

. . . and Robshaw has really come of age in recent games.

Playing very well, but he badly needs to stop the irritating habit he has of rushing up to the ref & whining every time the whistle is blown.

Cheers, Martyn
--

mollinary

Quote from: Raider4 on 21 March 2015, 07:45:42 PM
Playing very well, but he badly needs to stop the irritating habit he has of rushing up to the ref & whining every time the whistle is blown.

Cheers, Martyn
--

I thought that was the Captain's job these days?   :o ;) :-\

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Techno

At least the last three games were rather more entertaining !!  ;)
For me, the top three teams finished in the right order, so I've got no complaints.
Well done the Irish lads.

Still think the Southern hemisphere teams are streets ahead of the six nations bods.

Cheers - Phil

Nosher

Quote from: Raider4 on 21 March 2015, 07:45:42 PM

Cheers, Martyn
--

At least they dont respond like Kissballers.

I loved the way the welsh ref handled yesterdays game. spoke to the players and then told them to go away and discuss it with their teams - end of discussion. What was even better was that the skippers duly did what they were told without question.

Frank Carson

Fenton

I did like it yesterday at the end of the game when Robshaw was complaining and the ref just stuck his hand out to shake hands and all Robshaw could do was shake it and walk away...Its the way all sports should do it
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

getagrip

Quote from: Fenton on 22 March 2015, 08:49:46 AM
I did like it yesterday at the end of the game when Robshaw was complaining and the ref just stuck his hand out to shake hands and all Robshaw could do was shake it and walk away...Its the way all sports should do it

Agree completely.   Also,  when Robshaw was pointing something out that happened and the Ref just said "Christopher ", raised his eyebrows and Robshaw walked away.

Game for gentlemen.
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Sandinista

Cheating goes on in rugby, but I think the difference between the cheating in rugby and football is that the rugby players are a lot more subtle.

Where rugby is head and shoulders above football is as most have stated on here, the respect shown to the referee

Cheers
Ian

getagrip

Quote from: Sandinista on 22 March 2015, 10:36:03 AM
Cheating goes on in rugby, but I think the difference between the cheating in rugby and football is that the rugby players are a lot more subtle.

Where rugby is head and shoulders above football is as most have stated on here, the respect shown to the referee

Cheers
Ian

Football should introduce the same rules ; argue with the ref, 10 metres further forward to the free kick.
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Fenton

I think yesterday had 3 good refs...I was surprised to here Steve Walsh had retired just before the game   but was glad Wayne Barnes wasnt involved

Nirnman

to fenton  but was glad Wayne Barnes wasnt involved.

found out that barnes is a barrister in other life that is why je sometimes interprets the laws of the game to suit his opinions