rugby

Started by barbarian, 22 November 2014, 02:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

The Wales - Ireland game was brilliant IMHO, with Wales deserved winners in the end. Next week will be interesting to see who wins and all the fun (or not) of points differences...

Nosher

Quote from: Sandinista on 15 March 2015, 11:11:38 PM
Or just watch rugby league  ;)

Abso-frickin-lutely

Shame it doesn't get the coverage the posh version gets. you very rarely see dull matches and although kicking is an important aspect of the game and often a match winner, its not for penalties.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

getagrip

Quote from: Steve J on 16 March 2015, 07:04:00 AM
The Wales - Ireland game was brilliant IMHO, with Wales deserved winners in the end. Next week will be interesting to see who wins and all the fun (or not) of points differences...

Agree completely.

Saturday was a good day of rugby :)

Sunday was dire (:|
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

barbarian

I think it was one of the worst game I saw (Italia-France)

I think I begin to like Rugby less than before.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Nosher

"Nothing breaks the fun in a room quite like a scrum reset."

For once i agree with you Brian Moore ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Westmarcher

Are the England fans supporting Italy and Scotland ( :o ) today?   ;)

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Luddite

I suppose the problem with rugby is there isn't enough of this sort of beautiful play...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioyt2zzm530

It's been a good tournament so far i think, but there are parts of the game that need a bit of attention.  The way scrums work now is a problem i think... :-\
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Westmarcher

I can hardly believe it. Scotland hammered (well, I can believe that) but Ireland now in pole position! (I thought they had blown it against Wales.)
What a mountain now for England.  :o
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

getagrip

So long as the Jocks got hammered and the sheep botherers don't win the competition, I'm okay  :)

Raider4

Quote from: getagrip on 21 March 2015, 04:59:58 PM
. . .the sheep botherers . . .

Charming. Do you call black people 'jungle bunnies' as well?

Martyn
--

Rob

Quote from: Nosher on 16 March 2015, 07:42:40 AM
Abso-frickin-lutely

Shame it doesn't get the coverage the posh version gets. you very rarely see dull matches and although kicking is an important aspect of the game and often a match winner, its not for penalties.

Couldn't agree more. These days I lose interest in union games quickly, there are so many stoppages and walking around.

How can anyone not love this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/31694225

Fenton

They should get rid of the rolling mauls. complete waste of time and just ruin the game

Though I do prefer Rugby League
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

mollinary

Wow! What a conclusion to the Championship.  Open down to the last seconds.    Well done Ireland, an amazing and relentless performance against Scotland.  But what a game at Twickenham - so much character, so much endeavour, a truly magnificent end to the 6 nations.  Stuart Lancaster deserves a lot of credit for the way England play, and their sheer resilience. And what do you say about France, 35 points and on the losing side by 20! I cannot wait for the Wordl Cup.  :o  :o  :o =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

A completely exhausted and exhilarated Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Fenton

None of the 6 mation sides will be good enough for N.Zealand and South Africa come the world cup
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

getagrip

Quote from: Fenton on 21 March 2015, 07:15:43 PM
None of the 6 mation sides will be good enough for N.Zealand and South Africa come the world cup

True,  but a lovely day's rugby  :-bd