rugby

Started by barbarian, 22 November 2014, 02:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nirnman

Go Ireland go!!! After all I support them and any other team playing England lol as do all the Celtic nations even if they won't admit it

Nosher

The wheels didnt just come off. They are square.

Rugbys a simple game. You cant win if you dont have the ball. Dumb rugby played by a bunch of dullards. Well done Ireland for figuring that one out.

I didnt think the Northern Hemisphere game could sink.lower than yesterdays games.

The Kiwis and Wallabies must be pissing themselves laughing
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Fenton

As I read somewhere recently the Six Nations is a competition to see who is  the best team in the Northern Hemisphere  that is going to be defeated by  the All Blacks

I really wish they would get rid of the rolling maul. Really slows down the game and is particularly dull to watch. Maybe time to just introduce uncontested scrums that should give us another 20 mins of game time where something  might actually happen
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

getagrip

Why don't we just kick the ball in the air and see who can catch it best?  Oh, no, wait; that was today's game  >:(
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Fenton

Quote from: getagrip on 01 March 2015, 08:21:06 PM
Why don't we just kick the ball in the air and see who can catch it best?  Oh, no, wait; that was today's game  >:(

Thats just every game  these days
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

getagrip

Quote from: Fenton on 01 March 2015, 08:36:17 PM
Thats just every game  these days

Today's was really dull :(

Westmarcher

Has the game changed that much. In 1995, England beat Scotland 24 - 12 .  Not one try - all penalties and drops.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Ithoriel

I thought the problem was that you can pick up the ball and that the ball's the wrong shape?  :d
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

cbr3d.com

Congratulations to Ireland. 

Commiserations to European rugby, where the only side who actually seem to have players who play with their hearts for 80 minutes and actually enjoy the game are Italy.

FierceKitty

There's a video around of a Kiwi team fielding a woman player in a nude game. They won, possibly because of the mixed signals the opposition got when trying to tackle her.
Sounds like an improvement on the usual tedium of that damned game (it was the religion at my high school, so I beg the pardon of true afficionadi if I am being offensive).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

getagrip

Once played a mixed game in the Sixth form when I was at school.

The rule was the girls could tackle as hard as they liked, the boys had to touch tackle.

Long and the short was the girls tackled like demons and when we tried to touch tackle they wouldn't drop the ball.  Ended up as a great big wrestling match...

Ah, happy days :)

barbarian

During the game, the Italian commentator was talking about the death of the Rugby Champagne since the defense are now harder to move.

I don't know if I like it now.

I can see some of unfair-play (pretending being hurt to gain time) slowly creeping into the sport.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Well played, England.  =D>
(cough ... splutter .... choke)
And well done, Wales! =D>
Ireland. I think you've blown it.  :(

Scotland. WTF (again).  X_X
France? Je ne sais pas.  :-\
Italy? Non so cosa pensare di voi due.  :-\
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Sandinista

Quote from: Fenton on 01 March 2015, 08:19:16 PM
I really wish they would get rid of the rolling maul. Really slows down the game and is particularly dull to watch. Maybe time to just introduce uncontested scrums that should give us another 20 mins of game time where something  might actually happen
Or just watch rugby league  ;)

Techno

Quote from: Fenton on 01 March 2015, 08:19:16 PM

Hear, hear.....Or, as Ian says....Watch Rugby League.
I used to enjoy watching 'Union'....But over the last few years, it's become (ahem) 'somewhat' tedious to watch.

Cheers - Phil