Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Leon026

Huge mega update... includings photos for the painting competition:

Proper photos of the Polish Vistula Legion:

Napoleon's general staff

Bavarian 7th Line Infantry Regiment

Swiss Infantry

French "Foreign" Infantry Brigade (Polish, Bavarian et Swiss)

Leon026

The Etat-major de l'Empereur was probably the most challenging and most interesting one to do of them all - extensively converted.

The parts list:

OT2 - Used single figure for the Guard Mameluke (though, with overcoat, so colors are harder to see)
GR168 - German staff table and base figures
NPA27 - Spare Uhlan with lance, only lance chopped up and repositioned for the Guard Lancer
NPA17 - Used the body of the Grenzers for the Guard Chasseurs (see Guard Eclaireurs as generic guide)
NPA23 - Spare Austrian Hussar to represent Berthier's ADC (attached to Napoleon in this diorama)
NPF37 - Napoleon himself
NPF14 - Used one figure as infantry colonel, used 2 figures to be used as base for Guard Chasseurs (see Guard Eclaireurs as generic guide)
NPF19 - Used head of spare Dragoon for a headswap to make a staff member a Cuirassier officer
NPF35 - Used spares for headswaps: one to make a staff member a Horse Artillery officer, and two for the Guard Chasseurs

Generic guide on how I did the Guard Chasseurs:
Used base/horse of NPF14, cutting at the pelvis, and replaced it with NPA17 (like the Guard Eclaireurs I did on previous page). I then did a headswap with an Elite Chasseur. With greenstuff, I then modelled the pelisse. Quite a bit of work, but it makes for proper Guard Chasseurs with carbines to better protect the emperor!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

jambo1

Top notch painting and all round modelling, really good work there. :-bd :-bd

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Sterling stuff, Leon! A lot of effort there!

I've had to put my own 1809 project on hold, waiting for essential French figures like these to be released. I may have to follow your route one day and produce my own. The Chasseur on guard duty is an absolute must in any scale! For some time now I've wanted to do a Roustam holding the reigns of his Emperor's horse, but starting from scratch.

Cheers, Michael
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

skywalker

I am gob smacked those are amazing  :) :)

Leon026

Quote from: WeeWars on 08 February 2016, 12:42:10 PM
Sterling stuff, Leon! A lot of effort there!

I've had to put my own 1809 project on hold, waiting for essential French figures like these to be released. I may have to follow your route one day and produce my own. The Chasseur on guard duty is an absolute must in any scale! For some time now I've wanted to do a Roustam holding the reigns of his Emperor's horse, but starting from scratch.

Cheers, Michael

Yea, there's quite a few things you can convert and play with, I'm slowly discovering!

The polish at totally doable - with tiny pieces of paper and string from the sowing kit, one can totally model czapkas and proper shako cords, albeit it being tedious, it is very much doable. So too are mounted skirmishers. Sure, it's not the most monetarily efficient as you are using multiple models to make a single one, but the possibility does exist. I'm hoping to make some skirmishing bavarian or austrian cheaveaulegers for the Allied army.

I was actually planning on converting some dismounted French dragoons in skirmishing formations for the competition, but ended up running out of time (going on holiday this friday), so it'll have to be for the next! Also wasnt sure which category it would've fit in, as the idea I had was to use both mounted and dismounted dragoons in firing positions... but theoretically totally doable with headswaps.

The guard chasseurs on protection duty were a little more tricky with the greenstuff (to get the proper scaling), but I think in the end it doesnt look too bad. One of the beauties of 10mm I think, is that even if its "aproximative", a little clever painting will make it look quite acceptable!

paulr

Quote from: Leon026 on 11 February 2016, 12:25:07 AM
One of the beauties of 10mm I think, is that even if its "aproximative", a little clever painting will make it look quite acceptable!

These are well well past "aproximative" and "quite acceptable"
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Rob

Wow! These are really impressive.  :)

Jesus

2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

Techno

Don't know how I missed the pics above.

They are rather good !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Noktu

These look truly exquisite! I like how Napoleon stands out within the command group!