French Napoleonics, 1809

Started by Leon026, 13 November 2014, 05:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

I used to set deadlines, but i stopped bothering, as i started to look at painting as a chore, instead of having fun with it.

Only deadline i set myself now is if i need a specific unit for a game!

Techno

paulr

Phil seems to set my deadlines for me  ;) ;D

Quote from: Techno on 03 September 2015, 09:46:36 PM
Awwwww.....
Come on Paul.....
It MUST be time for a piccy or more soon.
Cheers - Mr Impatient  ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon026

And the latest update!

Finished the Polish Vistula Legion battalion! It hasn't been varnished yet, and im finishing up the voltigeur skirmish stands (painted / modelled the same was as the voltigeurs in the battalion, ie shako cords and all).

Really happy how they've come out. Really characterful.

petercooman

Techno

Those are really terrific, Leon ! :-bd
Top job, that man !
Cheers - Phil

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Subedai

The czapka idea was a goodun. They look the dogs.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

bigjackmac

Wow, those are amazing!

V/R,
Jack

Leon026

Thanks! I'm glad people like my Poles! This was an interesting (and finicky) project, but well worth it. Not sure I'll make a second battalion any time soon though, the shako cords were just... ARRRGGHHH FINICKY  :'(

...but adding shako cords to some hussars... now that might be an idea for the future.

I was starting to work on some Austrian horse artillery using some spare horse/limber figures, but despite headswaps, the uniforms were off, so I've put that on hold, and would rather get the proper sculpts. So I'll just do them as foot artillery instead. I was thinking of doing some swiss next, but I really need to stop painting the French and get on with the Coalition army... so an Austrian divisional command vignette seems to be the next option. I really should take two weeks off just to do nothing but paint....

petercooman

Quote from: Leon026 on 05 October 2015, 08:32:41 AM
I really should take two weeks off just to do nothing but paint....
Do it, you know you want to!!!!!  :d :d :d :d

Ithoriel

Two weeks off? I'm retired ... and I've never been so busy! Between eyesight problems, social engagements and actually playing games I'm getting no time at all to reduce the lead mountain!!  :o :o :o :o
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon026

21 October 2015, 09:19:14 PM #104 Last Edit: 21 October 2015, 09:27:17 PM by Leon026
Apologies for adding non-French... and the odd non-Pendraken mini here... I guess this is turning more into my painting log than purely French naps  :-\

Austrian Division staff, with two Brigade generals stands, and lone officer smoking a pipe while surveying damage to a limber, and wondering how to salvage this. Not Pendraken : /

(yet another) French Brigade general with ADC, but this time with a headswap, and painted as Louis Brun de Villeret, Marshal Soult's ADC. Not Pendraken : /

Austrian Uhlans, finally based. I get the feeling I should've made the green stand out more instead of going for the "realistic" shade....

Two battalions of Austrian infantry, Infantry Regiment n.8 and n.22

My Brits, finally based. 4th regiment of foot

You know, I used to think that painting Austrians were stupidly tedious due to all the white, but they really are growing on me. They look fantastic when put together. Only disappointment so far are the Grenzers because of only two poses, so I'll probably have to purchase a 3rd battalion of Grenz and chop them up into proper skirmishing / kneeling, running stances.