hello

Started by alex mc, 12 November 2014, 03:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Who/What are One Direction ?
Some new beat combo that I've never heard of ?
Cheers - An Old F**t.

fsn

Get with it Granddad! One Direction (or 1D as we hipsters know them) are the grooviest cats laying down grooves. They blast out tunes like .. then one that goes ... you know. And they're style icons all of 'em - Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch.

1D - not just a randomisation device - Nobby

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

In my, (ahem) younger days....I was under the misapprehension that the above mentioned group were.....
Dave - Dee - Dozy - Beaky - Mick & Titch.......and  wondered why there was always one of them missing when they appeared on Top Of The Pops.  :D
Cheers - Phil

fsn

There used to be 6 members, but the could not afford the extra comma and drew lots. Poor Dee had to leave and Dave Prendergast had to change his name by deed poll to "Dave Dee".

Having said that Dee had a happy life as a hairdresser in Penge. Owned a shop on the High Street and bred show poodles with his wife, who was also called Dee. In their local, the Velvet Pantaloon, they were known as the "double Dees". In his unpublished memoire he says that he was a bit sad to have missed out on the success of the group, but felt that the lack of contribution (mostly triangle and maraca) was the cause of the short lived success of the group. "Lacked punch", he said.

Dee still performs with the Penge Amateur Singers. In fact last year, his Mr Bumble was well received at the Townwomen's Guild. Sadly, he is no longer with Dee, who in the late '80's ran off with a Pommeranian breeder from Pommerania.

Dee does feel that his was maneuvered out of the group, accusing Dozy of having stashed away a comma and saying that Beaky's mum had a comma she never used. 

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Techno

Oik !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Oh fsn, to think I said recently that you were mad as a box of frogs. I take that back. Mad as a whole herpetarium of frogs :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

I'll take that as a compliment.

:D

Princesses love to kiss me - FSN

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

What's a heptarium?

IanS  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

One Direction? Sorry, I thought it was One Erection, a comment on a dysfunction problem shared by all but one of them. 
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Quote from: ianrs54 on 17 November 2014, 08:49:26 AM
What's a heptarium?

IanS  ;)

A boat shed for a Hepteres? :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

nikharwood

Leman

A member of One Direction also runs a floor and wall covering company called Harry's Tiles.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

nikharwood

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 27 November 2014, 11:39:46 AM
A member of One Direction also runs a floor and wall covering company called Harry's Tiles.

Ouch  ;D