TB Line - 10mm figures from Italy.

Started by Capt Sensible, 09 November 2014, 11:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev1964

I have lots of pics of the medieval arabs, lovely figures and loads of detail.

kev

2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GrumpyOldMan

Help Kev

Quote from: kev1964 on 27 May 2016, 06:13:54 AM
I have lots of pics of the medieval arabs, lovely figures and loads of detail.

kev

Always happy to look at eye candy :). Have found another pic of the medieval Islam heavy cav and it looks pretty definite that the eastern European cav Aster has listed are actually the Islamic cav:-

Waiting to see how people get on with postage, etc.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

FierceKitty

I want a few dozen of their Iberians to add some more animation to my ancient army.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

kev1964

If you go to  https://imageshack.us/user/kev1964 their are pictures of just about all of the islamic range, page 18.

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Could use some of their Ghazi swordsmen too. Can't have too many troops in an Ayyubid army.

fred.

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 26 May 2016, 11:25:12 PM

Thanks for your pictures. Just looking at the picture of Eastern European knights that you have and the figures shown at the Aster site I think they have the Medieval Islam figures there but I don't recognise the mailed horse from anywhere.

The mailed horse is the second one in from both ends of the front rank. With the head on shot it's quite hard to see as the mail is open at the front.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

FierceKitty

I wrote to them this morning saying I wanted some of their 10mm ex-TB (sounds like consumptive zombies, n'est ce pas?, and they wrote back rapidly to ask for what I wanted. I have some hopes of finally getting my greedy little hands on some of those figures.

Wulf

I managed to get a few packs of TB minis, but only after a lengthy series of issues (we sent them - no, we didn't but we will. Yes, soon... Yes, really...) Beautifully detailed, but loads of separate bits. The Carthaginian Effalumps are... Mammoth. Absolutely huge. And very wrinkly. The Roman Veletes (or whatever they're called, the skirmishers with the wolf pelts) were especially well sculpted & cast.

FierceKitty

GrumpyOldMan

Hello

Contacted Aster. They ignored the incorrect figures but did let me know that it was 25 euros postage for 2 blisters to Australia!!!!! Yoicks!!!!

Looks like I won't be enjoying TB Line anytime soon :(.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Leman

I feel that I do not really have a head for business, but I cannot understand someone who is setting something up making life difficult for the customer.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Leman

I know but it might not be the fault of the retailer. I think that the postal services have finally realised that the parcel mail generated by the internet is huge so, with all the dash, flair and deep understanding of mediocre suburban accountants, they've reasoned that if there is so much traffic coming through if they exponentially increase the postage costs they'll make a windfall profit. What they haven't factored in is the traffic that is stymied by those increased postage costs. I, now, no longer even look at buying anything from the States because of the charges. $25 postage for an N scale ship worth $4 is ludicrous  >:( >:(.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Techno

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 29 May 2016, 11:31:50 PM
. I, now, no longer even look at buying anything from the States because of the charges. $25 postage for an N scale ship worth $4 is ludicrous  >:( >:(.
Cheers GrumpyOldMan

That's almost obscene !   :o :o :o :o

I'm guessing that another factor why postage is so high nowadays.....Unless you happen to be a big firm, and can negotiate 'discounts' with the postal authorities....Is that 'letter post' has shrunk SO much because 'everybody' sends emails.

Cheers - Phil

Bren

Aster's ebay store postage calculator:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/TB-LINE-4182-Russian-heavy-knight-with-lance-10mm-/121995958648?hash=item1c67869978

No mention of a free postage level on orders but a set price with additional blisters free, so a big order will not increase the postage cost.

Economies of scale seems the way to go. I think I'll wait until the full range is available and put in an order with a couple of friends.

FierceKitty

Well, I'll be in Rome in January, D.V.