TB Line - 10mm figures from Italy.

Started by Capt Sensible, 09 November 2014, 11:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Sensible

Chaps,

Has anyone out there ever tried these figures?

http://www.tridentebologna.it/miniature_E.php

I'm looking to add a little variation to some Eastern European/Ottoman Turk Renaissance armies and these look like rather good figures.

Thanks,

CS
''No more curried eggs for me!''

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Fenton

09 November 2014, 11:56:32 AM #2 Last Edit: 09 November 2014, 12:02:01 PM by Fenton
Leon mentioned this a while back. No one seem to know if the company is still up and running ( although the website is). A few people in Italy have been asked and no one seems to have seen the owner in a while on the show circuit. I would be wary about ordering from them until some definite information is known
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Capt Sensible

Thanks, chaps. A shame, as they look to be very nice figures.

CS
''No more curried eggs for me!''

Fenton

I did email them a couple of years ago and after about 6 weeks I got an answer from someone there ( female maybe wife/partner/girlfriend) who wasnt quite sure what was happening
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leon

Unfortunately as the others have said, no one knows what's going on with TB at the moment.  They make some great figures, and Fabio was always a nice guy to chat with, so I hope there's some good news from them in the near future.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Wulf

My problem wasn't communication. For months, I kept asking where my order was, they kept telling me it would be sent 'next week'... Finally, they sent me a refund.

And then sent the minis...  :-\

They are lovely, especially the massive, beautifully detailed Carthaginian Effalumps. Probably oversised for the real thing, almost twice as big as Pendraken's. Problem with all their minis is the number of teeny bits - separate shields, etc.

bradpitre

10 November 2014, 08:08:06 PM #7 Last Edit: 10 November 2014, 08:27:55 PM by bradpitre
good evening everyone

fabio of TBline, is a friend and someone very well, but I know he went through a very difficult time, and he had to put to sleep TBline....... much regret !! !!!
but I'm pretty positive for the future ...... as long as everything is in order for him
I take this opportunity to advise you to try its ancient medieval rule "Anticamente" ..... probably the best rules that I have played so far...... in free loading and in English !!!! ....... and with superb figures Pendrakens, it will be just as beautiful !!!

eric
je suis contre les femmes............tout contre!!!!

2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: bradpitre on 10 November 2014, 08:08:06 PM
good evening everyone

fabio of TBline, is a friend and someone very well, but I know he went through a very difficult time, and he had to put to sleep TBline....... much regret !! !!!
but I'm pretty positive for the future ...... as long as everything is in order for him
I take this opportunity to advise you to try its ancient medieval rule "Anticamente" ..... probably the best rules that I have played so far...... in free loading and in English !!!! ....... and with superb figures Pendrakens, it will be just as beautiful !!!

eric

Thanks for the update, I hope he is OK and we will be seeing the figures available again soon.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jchaos79

10 November 2014, 09:09:02 PM #10 Last Edit: 10 November 2014, 10:35:22 PM by jchaos79
Quote from: bradpitre on 10 November 2014, 08:08:06 PM
good evening everyone

eric

Hi bradpitre, sorry for hear that Fabio is having a difficult time. Anyware, if TBline awakes, I will buy some figures for sure.

fred.

Hi Eric, thanks for the news.

Our best wishes to Fabio - hopefully he is able to start up TB Line again soon. His figures are great.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

barbarian

I knew he had some difficulties juggling between family, regular job and hobby.
Hope he's okay.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

Thats good to hear Brad...He really is talanted and would be a shame to lose the range

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.