World of Tanks

Started by Dave Fielder, 02 November 2014, 11:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Fielder

Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

petercooman

Yes, for quite a while now!

Fenton

Over the last 2 or 3 years I have installed and uninstalled it about 5 times..I get bored with it quite quickly
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

GordonY

Nah but I do dabble in World of Warcraft and Archeage, the second is quite fascinating as it allows for your guild to construct rather large sailing ships (we're talking galleons here) crew them and take them out on the high seas and do either trading runs or just plain piracy of other guilds ships. Just that little bit is way more interesting than running about in a little tank.

Ithoriel

Like Fenton, I've loaded it several times and uninstalled soon after. It's nice enough but I prefer things like Combat Mission 2 for my dose of WW2 tanks and after the depth and immersion of EVE-Online WoT has, to plagiarise Hermione, the depth of a teaspoon.

Are you looking for a review Dave or allies and victims .... opponents :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Fenton

I did enjoy messng about with artillery but got sick of all the complaining and bitching most of the people seem to do on the site
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

GordonY

complaining and bitching

welcome to the world of MMOs Fenton.

If you want to see real complaining and bitching just head to the General section of WoWs forums the things that get complained about there are beyond belief. Well maybe not its everythying from "My class is no longer overpoweredm why Blizzard?" to "I dont like the new hairstyles, please remove them Blizzard". My usual reaction is FFS just deal with it and play the bloody game.

Leon

I downloaded it and played a couple of games but it wasn't for me.  The basic tanks available to a newbie were so flimsy that I spent most of my time being blown up or hiding in a bush to avoid being blown up.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Even the big tanks blow up quite fast. My tiger 2 isn't what it was IRL  :(

Then again in real life it would have probably broken down a few km from the spawn point  ;D ;D ;D

toxicpixie

The Tiger II is truly not the tank it was, even if mechanically it works and the build quality means it actually moves... same with the T-34. Because there's so many post-war or hypothetical tanks all the "normal" tanks are a bit lack lustre (or many are) by the Tier you get them.

I like it - try and slip a few games in between calls & painting in the day! Jadedtoxicpixie if you want to friend me, though I very rarely get to actually team up.

What line/nation you looking at at the moment?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

petercooman

Actually i have about 50 in the garage so a bit of everything.

Most current goal is the panther. (i mostly go for the ones that really saw battle)

Some personal favourites are the cromwell, churchill 7, kv2, is, t34/85, tiger and for the small tier games i really enjoy the pz 35T/38T.

I almost never go past tier 7, as that's where the cheesy never really existed stuff tends to live...

toxicpixie

Heh, I know the feeling, I have too many tanks to drive :D

Currently working on getting through the lacklustre IS-8, and thinking about an E-75.

I usually play higher Tier these days as the JagdTiger 88 I bought whilst online and a wee bit beered up is actually really fun and a great credit earner :D

Lower Tier stuff, my Panzer Ic is ace fun, the Stug is a murderous little beast but relies on the team being useful enough you can hide and snipe and the vk3601H is good, but not the tank it used to be :(
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

petercooman

PZ 1C is good but i like the luchs more!

One of the first tanks i had when i started the game , and still drive it once and a while! I even ordered one from pithead , as pendraken doesn't make any and i really wanted one in miniature!

toxicpixie

It has sparked a bit of a desire for some new WW2 models for silly "what if's"... :D

Maenoferren

With my internet speeds >:( >:( >:(
I can just about manage a game of Pong
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!