What I've Been Up To

Started by bigjackmac, 02 November 2014, 10:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

Here's what I've been up to during my (so far) baby-induced 4 1/2 month exile.  As always, I can't promise I'm back 100% (as a matter of fact, I can promise I'm not), but I can promise games are in my future (the table is already set up).

The big news is that I've been painting.  A lot.  And in a couple new scales.  If you're here you're probably aware that I am pretty much exclusively a 10mm gamer.  That's not going away by any means, but apparently I've become a 6mm Modern gamer, in a big way.  It started about six months ago, when I bought a small force of GHQ minis for some Soviet-Afghan gaming, with plans to move into more stuff beyond that.

The next thing I knew, I was drowning in 6mm Modern stuff (NATO and Warsaw Pact equipment), the vast majority of it from fellas at TMP's Marketplace.  I've also finished up/redone some 10mm Moderns, bought some 1/72 Vietnam plastics, and bought some 20mm WWII plastics.

About 2/3 of my 6mm stuff, the Warsaw Pact equipment.

I've painted up bunches of 6mm infantry.

10mm Russian/WarPac infantry.

10mm Modern USMC.

The table is set for a 6mm fight.

With hills UNDER the mat (I'm looking at you Panda, and Blue).

Please check the blog, where you'll find a total of 56 photos, thoughts on upcoming campaigns, and what I see as an absolutely necessary rules change for Mr. Ivan Sorenson's (AKA Weasel) otherwise fantastic rules, "No End in Sight."
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2014/11/where-ive-been.html

V/R,
Jack

jchaos79

Dave Fielder

Sabbaticals are always useful to get through the lead pile; just consider the time not deployed on the table-top as training and preparation. I have often had to work away and it's led to some really useful generation of my forces ... trouble is with SO much stuff I just don't know what to play with first.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Welcome back Jack!
Lovely looking 6s. 8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Welcome back  :-h

What are the shiny gold, blue, white, ... things below the helicopter in your 6mm Warsaw Pact box?
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Quote from: paulr on 03 November 2014, 03:52:42 AM
Welcome back  :-h

What are the shiny gold, blue, white, ... things below the helicopter in your 6mm Warsaw Pact box?

From what my tired eyes can see, i think they are cars/technicals.

Good job Mac!

Techno

Looking good, Jack !
Welcome back !
Cheers - Phil

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

bigjackmac

Hey, thanks fellas, it's good to be back!  :-[

The baby has been good for the painting, but I'd much rather be gaming.  And, as Dave alluded to, I'm coming to the realization that I have more troops than I'll ever be able to get on the table, particularly as I keep procuring more!

Paul, Peter is correct, those are 'Technicals' from GHQ's Mujahadeen Combat Command.

Stay tuned for batreps in the near future.

V/R,
Jack

paulr

Quote from: bigjackmac on 04 November 2014, 12:16:05 AM
Paul, Peter is correct, those are 'Technicals' from GHQ's Mujahadeen Combat Command.

Thanks, not a term I was familiar with but GHQ's site enlightened me
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!